A Baseball Game to Remember

Lighting and Thunder sounded across the field, making me smile because I love this. It is fun and exciting; Carlisle explained the rules to me and that the kids cheat, which made me roll my eyes, thinking that they would always cheat. But it's them; I dust some hair out of my vision. as Bella approaches me, which makes me walk with her with a skip in my steps, "I'm glad you're here... We need an umpire." I tell her as Bella smiles at me, which I match, "She thinks we cheat." Emmett says, which makes me smile at him, "Well, I know you cheat." I tell the vampire, who rolls his eyes and me as I shake my head, "You can call them as you see them, Bella." I tell her as my sister nods while I am going over to my post as a catcher for them; they said they will be light on me for today becuase of my human bones. I wink at Carlisle, who winks back at me. I smile a little. Lighting flashes, making me smile as the game begins, "It's time..." Alice tells us and then throws the ball, which makes Rosalie hit it, making me smile. I love this game; it looks like fun, "Okay, now I see why you need the Thunder. That's gonna be a homerun, right?"

As I look at Carlisle, Bella asks, suspecting the same, "Edward's very fast." Carlisle says, making me adjust my sitting position for Edward to throw the ball. I catch it, looking up at Bella when Rosalie comes to the home plate at the last second, saying, "You're out." Bella tells Rosalie, "Out! Whoo! Babe, come on! It's just a game." Emmett calls out, which makes her glare at him and then at my sister. I stand up to throw the ball at Alice, feeling perfectly fine; they did say they weren't going to use all their strength today, which is relieving.

Carlisle is up next, which makes me smile because let's see how Mr Doctor goes; Alice throws, making Carlisle hit it, and they're off, which has me to watch, but Emmett and Edward run for the ball, making Carlisle get onto the first base. At the same time, the two idiots bash into each other as I roll my eyes at them. Then, it is Jasper's turn to get ready to catch the ball. I wink at Carlisle, who smiles at me with love in his golden eyes as I focus on my job. When the ball is hit, Emmett climbs a tree when he catches the ball, "My monkey-man..." Rosalie says about Emmett, which makes me know she loves Emmett very much, but I will stick with my doctor. Rosalie is next to bat again, and she hits the ball. Alice has a look on her face that makes me gulp while looking at her. Alice then looks over at some fog, which makes me go wide-eyed at what is coming, "Stop!" she calls out as the others rush over with Carlisle by my side in seconds, holding me to his side for protection as I look up at him as fear is coming to my face on what is coming, "Let's go." Edward says to Bella, making me breathe through my nose, wanting to leave, but Carlisle will not allow that. "It's too late," Carlisle says, hearing the panic in his voice as he holds me in his hold. "Get your hair down," Edward tells Bella, which makes me sigh in gratitude that I already have my long hair covering my face.

I stand close to Carlisle, who looks at me, "remain calm." he whispers to me as we look up when three vampires walk across the field; no, they can't be. They have tried to kill me these past few weeks, making me look down some more with fear of them recognising me and being with the Cullen's, for that matter. "I believe this belongs to you." Carlisle catches the ball when the dreadlock guy throws it as I watch them a little, "Thank you." he thanks the dreadlock guy, making me gulp while I try to remain calm, "I'm Laurent... And this is Victoria... And James." Laurent says, indicating the other two vampires to Carlisle, who watches them, "I'm Carlisle... This is my family." Carlisle points to us while I am standing close to him. "Hello." Laurent says to us, which makes me lick my lips in fear of them seeing through Bella and me or knowing who I am, "I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us." Carlisle says to the red-eyed vampire, making me look down at the ground, "Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed." Laurent says while James is looking at Bella and me, which makes me want to run, but I think James would kill me if I tried to run away, which is scaring me silly, "Yes, well... We maintain a permanent residence nearby." Carlisle says while I look at Victoria, who looks at all of us, "Really? Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through."