Ch. 12 - In Plain Sight

Evie's POV'

"Mal you came back." I go to run to her.

"This is not Mal. Evie."

"I am not a baby." The girl says.

"She looks exactly like her. Who is this then? And why does she look like Mal"

"It does not matter. She will be staying with you."

"What do I need do?"

"Nothing. Do not tell anyone she is here. Especially Carlos and Jay. When I come collect her again, you will get your studio."

"This sounds dangerous. I want three months' rent."

"I thought you would ask for more. Fine. Done."

"That's it. I would have ask for five."

"No"

"Can we trust her?" Fake Mal say looking towards me.

"No. If anyone sees you go by the name Mal. Ok."

Fake Mal nods hers head.

Flashback

Demi's POV

"This is my room. We will wait in, while I come up with a plan. You can take a shower and freshen up."

"Thank you."

I came up with the perfect plan, to hide Carnelian.

She hand her a change of clothes, and she goes inside the bathroom. I hear the shower come on.

I grab the Heart of Kandrakar.

"Guardian Unite. Quintessence" And it glows turning into my Quintessence guardian form.

I grab the Heart of Kandrakar. One of the powers of Quintessence is to show the true form of a magical item. Back on Meridan the Heart of Kandrakar and the Heart of Meridan were combined. And with the power of Quintessence I am able to separate them.

"Quintessence. Show me the hearts true form." A teardrop forms from the heart of Kandrakar. And the

"I take it and point it towards the bathroom door. "

To keep her safe from the future Brawl, change her appearance to the Maleficient's child Mal."

A clear white beam go through the bathroom door.

"Aaah."

Demi recombines the Hearts, and un-transforms. And the bathroom door opens.