𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤

Jade stumbled through the portal, her hand tightly grasping that of Eda's own. The red head laughed as the brunette clung to her arm with her other hand. "Careful dork, we wouldn't want you to get hurt." Eda said, gently patting her arm before pushing the button on the key, which had folded the door. Eda pulled away from Jade and grabbed the case, whilst the brunette looked around and over the cliff they were on top of.

From below she could see little buildings and demons and witches and other creatures walking and coexisting together on the roads and sidewalks. And the sky was beautiful, a lot different than what was back in the human realm. Eda smiled, watching her friends face look content. The red head grabbed her friend's hand.

"Come Jade!" Eda said, trying to tug her down the hill, but Jade stood still.

"Uh, Eda, don't you think my ears will give away that I'm human?" She asked. Eda stopped and looked at her, noticing her ears were a lot more prominent here than in the human realm.

"Right!" She put the case down and put her hand into her hair, pulling a red beanie from the depths of her red locks. Jade raised a brow, grabbing the beanie that was outstretched towards her.

"Do you just... Keep random items in your hair like that?" Jade asked, putting the beanie on and concealing her round ears. Eda grinned after picking the case back up.

"Yup! It's very convenient," she said, then took the other's hand and ran down the hill, Jade yelled in surprise, laughing as the two girls.

The two ran through the streets of the town, getting dirty looks and shouts of annoyance from demons and witches alike. As the two continued down the streets of the demon realm, the Boiling Isles Eda mentioned once, the duo finally made it to a house. It was medium sized, one that looked to be for a small family. 

Eda ran up to the door and knocked on it energetically. Jade stood next to her with a shake of her head as someone with mint-green hair and pointed ears. They had circular framed glasses resting on their nose as they looked at both human and witch in confusion, trying to register who they were looking at, before their green eyes widened. "Eda? What are you doing here? Not that I don't mind, it's just unexpected," the witch asked their friend. Eda grinned and grabbed Jade's arm, having the two close made the shorter of the two smile shyly at the green haired teen, who stared at Jade before their eyes widened.

"Raine Whispers, meet my second best friend, Jade Ramirez! Definitely human in disguise," Eda whispered the last part to her friend, who chuckled. Shaking their head at her antics.

"Nice to meet you Jade," Raine held their hand out to the brunette. Jade moved forward and shook their hand.

"Yeah, likewise," Jade smiled sheepishly. Raine smiled gently at her and let their hands fall to their side.

"You can come in if you want, my parents wouldn't mind." Raine opened the door for them. Eda nudged Jade forward, which made her stumble and for Raine to catch her arm so she wouldn't fall. "Careful," Raine chuckled, letting her go as Eda smirked.

"Thanks." Jade nodded before glaring at Eda who gave her an innocent look as Raine closed the door. So that's how Eda was gonna play, huh?

"There is no way that happened," Raine said, laughing along with Eda. Jade shook her head, her curls bouncing.

"I'm not joking, I was literally hanging from a tiny branch. Surprised it held on," Jade laughed, taking a sip of her water.

"Why were you even in the tree in the first place?" Raine asked. Jade turned her head in embarrassment.

"A cat chased me up the tree, then I realized it can also climb after me." She admitted. Her two friends laughed, which had her face turn warmer. "Shut up." She grumbled.

"Oh, you poor thing," Eda chuckled, leaning forward to ruffle her friends curled locks. Jade swatted her hand away and stuck her tongue out at her.

"You humans sure are weird," Raine gave her a smile, which had Jade blush a little.

"Yeah, I guess you could say we are." Jade shrugged, "Humans and Witches are a bit different, but we're still so similar, it's strange." Jade scratched her head. She then looked down at her watch and realized how late she was for dinner, and she knew her parents were gonna be pissed. "Shit!" She stood up quickly, which had the two Witches jump at her sudden outburst. "I'm very late for Dinner, my parents are gonna be so mad. Eda, I need to get home, now." Jade looked at her friend, who stood up from the floor and took the key, Raine following after. Eda clicked the key and the door unfolded.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to keep you so long Jay, it was just exciting to have you two finally meet." Eda chuckled nervously.

"No worries Edalyn, it was fun. I'll probably be grounded for a week or two. Nice to meet you Raine and I hope we meet again in the future." Jade held her hand out to Raine, who grabbed it and pulled her into a gentle hug, which had Jade tense. Someone was hugging her, what was she supposed to do? Does she hug back?

Jade awkwardly hugged back, patting Raine's back, making eye contact with Eda who was covering her mouth, tiny laughs escaping her lips. Raine pulled away and beamed at her. "I can't wait to see you again Jade, hopefully you don't get into too much trouble because of Eda." Raine let her go.

"Y-yeah." She said, before going into the door, which closed behind her. Eda folded it up by the key, and hid it back into her hair. She knew Raine and Jade would get along, the two were so similar yet different. Eda smiled at the thought of the future with her two best friends. It looked bright for the trio.

note: I hope y'all like this chapter, I quite liked it. And I had Raine interact with Jade, who was happy to have another friend. How was this chapter? We got like, two or three chapters left before season 1.

vote and comment.

word count: 1076