𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

"What do you mean, you and Raine broke up?" Jade stood in her bathroom doorway, confused, her hair dripping from a shower she had just taken. She wore a tank top and some sweatpants as her arms crossed over her chest. Eda sighed in irritation.

"Because it didn't work out. You know, these things don't work sometimes." Eda snarked, which made Jade scowl at her best friend.

"Yeah, but you and Raine seemed happy, I didn't think things wouldn't work out, Eda." Jade rolled her shoulders and went to her desk, piles upon piles of papers scattered across as her text books were opened to their respective pages she has been studying for.

"Right, like you know so much about me and my relationships." Eda said, the time of her voice irritating her. Jade clenched her fists, her stress and rising irritation was about to explode, and all because Eda was acting as if she was all high and mighty. "The only reason I kept you around was because I pity you, and so did Raine." Eda hated herself at this very moment, watching as Jade froze in place, her fists clenched so hard that her knuckles started to turn white. The brunette chuckled dryly.

"Fine. If you regret being my friend so much, then leave and never show your face around me ever again." Jade spun around and shoved her finger in Eda's chest, a glare plastered onto her face, "I was perfectly fine on my own! Y-yo-you h-h-had no right, to b-be-be m-my friend and then squash it-it beneath your f-foo-foot!" She hissed, her stutter coming back from the emotion she was feeling. It usually comes back whenever she feels strong emotions, and she hated it, especially when Eda looked at her with those stupid eyes she had fallen for.

"Okay, okay. Good riddance then," she took the key from her hair and pushed the button as Jade went back to her desk, leaning over it as tears started to stream down her face. Eda looked back with guilt and sadness, before she finally left for the demon realm. Once Jade knew Eda left she screamed in frustration and stopped all of her stuff on the desk onto the ground, falling to her knees as she sobbed. Eda and Raine were her best friends, and they were always there for her when she was going through stuff and they were there when she was stressed about school work.

They were always there, and now they're gone, and she couldn't see them anymore because of Eda.

"Are you sure you'll be all right tonight with Luz?" Camilla Naceda, a newer nurse at the local hospital asked looking over at Jade who held a small child, a binky in her mouth as she played with a little mini plane, nearly hitting the adult in the eye.

"Yes Camilla, me and this little angel will be just fine. Won't we Luz?" Jade asked the smaller child who looked up at her and hit her in the face with the plane. Jade groaned, and held her nose. Camilla chuckled.

"Okay, well, Mannie will be back around 2, and we've already made the guest bedroom for you. I'm sorry again Jade, for the short notice." Camilla said as Jade stopped rubbing her nose.

"Don't worry about it, I'm always happy to help." She grinned. Camilla smiled at her before she left the two.

"Now, why don't we go watch one of your movies." She bounced the toddler that laughed through her binky. The brunette walked into the living room and sat the child on the carpet as she found the movie that Luz loved to watch. Something about witches, Jade wasn't really into witches much anymore. Her past is proof of her slight dislike of them. But she didn't need to worry anymore, she wouldn't see Raine or Eda again. They were worlds apart after all.

note: an update in 2024 lol next chapter will be the start of season 1 and I honestly can't wait. Yay!

vote and comment.

word count: 690