\\ 1. Loss //

[ ARTIFICER'S POV ]

I can't believe it.

Two pups.

Gone.

Left.

Lost.

    These thoughts raced around in my head as I watched my second- and last- pup sink into the water, taken by the leeches. If I were a little faster... If I held onto him a little tighter...

    My thoughts are interrupted as the rain that poured from the sky intensified, as if a warning for me to get to a shelter. I scrambled to my feet, slipping multiple times on the black stone, which was slick from the droplets. I then turned on my paws, and bolted.

    I jumped into the nearest pipe, and was sent into another room This room was huge, and I made rapid fire notes- A Pole Plant protruding from the ground in the far corner. A pink lizard struggling itself into a den. Batflies in the sky, which were starting to be smacked out of the air by the droplets, which were like bullets as they fell from the sky.

    I kept barreling forward. I couldn't find a shelter, and the bleeding wound on my back didn't exactly make things better.  Alas, I spotted it- High up on a wall, with a ledge making an easy jump to it. A shelter.

    The merciless rain whizzed by my face as I jumped onto the ledge and entered the pipe. As soon as I entered the shelter, I collapsed onto the floor, trying to catch my breath.

    My ears pricked as I listened to the rain beating down on the ground outside, right before the Shelter door started to close with a loud mechanical groan. I didn't move from my spot for a moment as I stared at the wall. I could feel the pain in my back start to really set in, and I winced.

It was only then when it hit me:

My children.

They were gone.

Forever.

[ OML IM SO PROUD OF THIS! I think it's really good for my first ever chapter! Sorry it's so short, I'm definitely still practicing on pacing my stories. Hope you enjoyed! ]