\\ 5. With Caution //

[ Nobody's POV ]

    The two SlugCats kept walking, this time toward the Room where Hunter first got attacked. Hunter led Artificer up the poles and onto the rock ledge where the Popcorn Plant was located. Hunter started ripping the large leaves off of the plant.

[ Artificer's POV ]

    I watch as Hunter started to pick the bright red Popcorn Plant leaves off of it's stem, the sunset making them almost glow. As I did, a thought came to my mind: 'Why do I trust this SlugCat? I have only known her for less than a day. If I can't trust anything else, why trust members of my own kind?' I shake my head. No. No SlugCat has ever wronged me. I'm part of a quite reliable species. I'm part of a species who likes to help each other. I'm lucky for that.

    But I have heard stories of SlugCats who presented false intentions. My mother told me about them all the time when I was younger. Tales of SlugCats who would find the wounded and the sickened, and when they least expected it, kill them without a second thought. While they couldn't fight back.

    But I can fight back.

I have a spear beside me, and I'm definitely strong enough to throw it. Hunter must know it, as I took down a Red Lizard solo. So I don't think she will try anything. Even so, I regret telling her about my past- Even if she was open about hers.

    I didn't even realize Hunter was approaching me with the leaves. "You don't mind if I do it for you, right?" Hearing Hunter say this made me snap back to reality. I shake my head. "Ah, no. I don't. Go ahead." Even if I was pretty sure she wasn't going to try anything, and didn't have a weapon in her hands- I still was still a little on edge.

    I watched as she carefully wrapped each of the leaves around me. There are four in all, but since the leaves were huge, it only took three to cover the injury on my back. She set the fourth leaf aside and tied the three ones together so that they would stay in place.

    "Thank you." I say. Hunter shrugs. "Eh, don't worry about it." Before looking  to the sky. I look up as well. "It's getting late." Hunter commented. It was true- The sky was growing dark. I look back at Hunter. "I'm going to head to my shelter. I'm tired." Hunter nods. "I will too. I hope to see you again, Artificer."

"Me too." I say, before turning away.

[ 431 words! I hope you guys enjoyed! <3 ]