\\ 7. Travelling //

[ Hunter's POV ]

[ Quick author's note, I'm changing my writing style a little, and I may slow down releasing chapters due to school. ]

    We finished eating and headed out. I made sure to spit out my green Neuron Fly so the moment me and Artificer got to Moon, I could give it to the Iterator. I was constantly checking for predators, and it seemed Artificer was as well. I shake my nerves away, as I wanted to calm my new friend.

    "Hey, Calm yourself. There's creatures around ever corner here, but only 99% of them are aggressive." I half joke. It was sadly true- Most of the creatures you see in this world are out to get you- But Artificer laughs. "Eh, right about that. But if you think about it, maybe 99.5%." I let out a chuckle as well. "Sounds about right."

    We were traveling for a while, but that's how most of this trip is going to be. Walking, stabbing a Lizard or two, and definitely some swimming when we get more near Shoreline.... More walking. For sure more walking.

    But honestly, I dunno if I really mind. Finally having someone to talk to after- Well, forever- Is really nice. Especially someone who seems to sort of get me, in a way.

    We kept walking.

[ Artificer's POV ]

    It sort of just hit me now how much time I'm about to waste. I'm going to travel with a creature I've known for two days to shoreline, and then what? Stay there? I'm sure as Hell not staying anywhere with so much water.

    'I could go with Hunter to Moon.' I thought. But then I heard Hunter say: "Moon's surrounded by water, At least I believe it is, from what I've been told by NSH." So, that was likely off the table.

    I don't know why I hate water. I just do. I can't swim well, and it's always cold, and stays trapped in my fur for too long. Unless there's a good reason to, there's no way I'm going to willingly go for a swim.

    We walked in silence a while. I felt tense. I have learned over my years to never trust anything this world holds, as any of it could lash out and cause fatalities.

    And sometimes, you can't prevent those fatalities.

I was rapidly searching the sky, the ground, the walls- I wasn't going to get snatched up by anything on a trip I could have easily chosen not to go on. I'm only going with Hunter because I have nothing better to do and enjoy another SlugCat's presence, anyway.

    I remained tense until Hunter made a comment. "Hey, calm yourself. There's creatures around every corner here, but only 99% of them are aggressive." I let out a laugh, happy the tension was broken a moment.

    "Eh, right about that. But if you think about it, maybe more like 99.5%." I hear Hunter chuckle as well, before responding with "That sounds about right."

    I'm glad I was able to accompany her.

[ 507 words! I hope you all enjoyed! AND TYSM FOR ALMOST 90 READS!!! I really appreciate it <3]