Chapter 48: Primo

The Nobel Prize in December was very significant for the scientific community. The birth of the Nobel Prize at the age of 24 seems to have refreshed many people's perceptions of the prize, and of science.

  For the maths community, this month was similarly significant. After the NS equations were solved, the Clay Mathematics Institute finally made good on its promise of one million dollars, and held a grand award ceremony at the Institut de France. ......

  Standing on the awards platform, Professor Carlson smoothly read out in a solemn and dignified tone.

  " ...... Waves follow our boat as we meander across the lake, and turbulent air currents follow our flight in a modern jet......, And now that the research on the existence and smoothness of solutions to the NS equations has been solved, we have gained a lot of valuable wealth and have benefited greatly as a result."

  "History will remember this moment and all those who accomplished this merit."

  The auditorium erupted in applause.

  Amidst the applause, Professor Carlson handed over the medal and certificate in his hand, solemnly to Orion. At this moment, the research on the NS equation solutions was finally considered to have come to a conclusion.

  "Congratulations, Professor Orion," Professor Carlson stretched out his right hand and shook Orion's hand heavily, smiling with rare ease at this solemn moment, and even joked, "And congratulations to myself, for finally fulfilling a wish."

  Orion: "A wish?"

  "Yes," Professor Carlson grinned, "We prepared elaborate certificates, planned ceremonies, and even designed special medals for the Millennium Problem. I was involved in all of this, but until now it was the first time it had been implemented. ...... Thank you for giving me the opportunity to fulfil this wish."

  The day after the awards ceremony, Orion slept in until nine o'clock in the morning. After washing up, he sat in the dining room to eat breakfast when a pretty young waitress lady came over.

  "Mr. Orion, someone is looking for you."

  In the hotel lobby, Orion met this person sent by Lacroix. As soon as they met, Orion sensed a special aura from the man. He couldn't quite describe what that kind of temperament was, but intuitively, it was like a plainclothesman in a police film. He looked like a mediocre person, but his spirit was that of an army officer.

  After seeing Orion, the man sitting on the sofa stood up, extended his right hand, and courteously said, "Hello, Professor Orion, my name is Primo, and I am the driver of the Presidential Secretariat. If you need a car, just order me."

  Orion gave Primo a somewhat surprised look and shook his hand.

  "This is my contact information, so if you need a lift, or if you run into any trouble that you can't solve, you can contact me." Primo took out a business card from his bag. There was no name written on it, only a phone number.

  Orion then left his carry-on luggage with Primo, who was his driver and bodyguard, and got into a black DS 7, travelling to a place full of mystery to outsiders. ......

  ......

  Along with the guards, they passed through the layers of guard posts. Inside a historic courtyard, Orion meets, in a private capacity, an imposing old man.

  Meanwhile, sitting next to the old man was an academician with grey temples. Orion had some impression of this academician Geoffrey from the seminar on lithium-sulfur batteries.