Chapter 55: Candidate

Over the weekend, Orion was leaning back on the sofa in the living room when he got a call from Isabel: "You're back in Gordon? Are you going to work there from now on?"

  Orion: "Well, I'll probably go back to Princeton for a while, but I'll finish up some leftover work, and then I'll basically focus on Gordon side. Speaking of which, you're about to graduate, aren't you?"

  Isabel smiled and said, "Well, the thesis has already been handed in."

  "What are your plans after graduation? Will you continue to study for your doctorate?"

  "No, I don't want to. In our profession, more important than academic qualifications are CVs. I plan to find an internship in a company after graduation and start working for two years first."

  Orion: "Have you decided where you want to intern?"

  Isabel sighed: "Not yet, but I've received offers from a few companies, I just haven't decided where to go yet."

  As she said that, Orion suddenly had a slight flash in his mind. "Are you interested in a patent management company?"

  "Patent management company? I think I've done cases in that area, interested or not? ...... is okay. Do you have any good companies to recommend?"

  "I actually run a patent management company, if you don't mind coming to work for me?"

  "That's fine Orion, I didn't even know you owned a company." Isabel's expression was a bit surprised, but only just, and continued in a joking tone, "What's the name of the company? I'll go and visit it first."

  Orion smiled and said, "The name is Star Technology, registered in the Cayman Islands."

  Hearing the name, Isabel froze. "Star Tech is yours?!"

  Orion froze slightly and hesitated, "What's wrong with ......?"

  Star Technology shouldn't be a very famous company. After all, this kind of company that specialised in intellectual property management didn't have the need for advertisement, and the ordinary people wouldn't deliberately try to find out whose research results were actually contained in the lithium batteries in their mobile phones or electric cars. But for Isabel, the name really stuck in her mind.

  It was a night to remember. No, countless, to be precise. In order to complete the company's organisational structure plan and personnel training proposal within the deadline, she, who was treated as a free labourer by her mentor, stayed up all night for half a month continuously before completing the final piece of work.......

  Seeing that Isabel did not speak for a long time, Orion thought that she did not recognise his small company and asked after a moment of hesitation. "Yes, or no? If you don't come then forget it, anyway the business of that small company is not very busy."

  Isabel did not hesitate, "Yes, I will!"

  ......

  After only two days, Professor König hurried back to Germany. Orion was sitting in his office, looking at an email from the Pablo-Jarillo-Herrero lab at MIT, when Professor Herrero described an interesting issue that he had encountered in his research.

  [...... We discovered something interesting in our study of the forbidden bandwidth of the superlattice near a specific angle of the SG-1 material; the existing BCS theory seems to be inapplicable in carbon-based superconducting materials. I have tried to explain this physical phenomenon by solving the many-body electron and phonon wave function, however, the trouble encountered in solving it is beyond my ability.]