Chapter 4

After the meeting, everything seems like Hugh Grant was investing everything without thinking about his company profit. In the deal, TL enterprise will control 68% of the profit. Whereas, his company will only profit 32% in the whole deal, which is not meant to be so. Mac SS company is providing the fund for the project and all miscellaneous funds. Mac SS company is also required to fund the infrastructure and everything required for the project. But Hugh Grant company is at stake of having a greater loss if anything goes wrong in the project because of the huge amount they are investing in the business project.

During the meeting, Susan couldn't understand him, he said nothing. The only thing he did was to sign the contract. After he signed the contract he stood up and shook her hand, he smiled at her. His smile wasn't pretentious, she didn't return the smile because she wasn't sure what game he is playing at.

After the meeting, she led him to her office in a very stiff manner. Her heels were clicking on the floor while she was walking. He has a strong effect on her, making her feel self-conscious of her appearance and all. Susan has trained herself very well not to show her emotions to anyone especially, him.

When Hugh Grant stepped into the conference room, her breath almost choked her. He was in his usual black business suit, his ebony hair was perfect for his well-structured body and his ocean blue eyes could make one lost in it forever. To say she wasn't drawn to him was a lie, she was ready to live with this lie all her life. He is a very handsome man. He is a tall man, he makes her look small in comparison with him.

They arrived at her office, she sat down, then offered him a seat. "Mr. Hugh, do you care for anything?"

"No, thanks, he said. You have great taste, he complimented her for her office design".

"Thank you, Mr. Grant" (His voice sounds manly to her ears, bold, and his aura feels intimidating but also as a gentle touch to his words anytime he addresses her)

"You can call me Hugh, he said"

"Oh Mr. Grant, I don't know you on any personal level and it will be wrong of me to disrespect you by calling you by your name, Susan stated.

The room became too stiff for Susan because Hugh Grant was just looking at her and not responding.

When Hugh notices her discomfort, he smiled and said, "it's okay, you will get to know me on a more personal note".

"Umm"

"Oh, sorry, I mean I want us to be friends"

"Mr. Grant, I don't befriend business associates, I am truly sorry"

"Why?

"I don't share personal information with business associates, Mr. Grant, she emphasize on his name.

"No problem, can I call you Susan?? If you won't call me by my name I can call you right?"

Susan was left speechless, he is getting under her skin and she hates where the conversation is driving at. She would rather not be rude with him since he is an investor in her business. "You can if you want to Mr. Grant, she replied".

"Thanks Susan"
(Her name sounded nice in his mouth and the way he called her name makes her feel welcome. She isn't sure, maybe home or he feels like a safe harbor).

"It is nothing Mr. Grant, it's your choice if you want to address me by my first name"

"So, Susan, are you a Christian? He said, while staring at the necklace on her neck. Your necklace makes you seem like one and since I met you I have always noticed it on your neck.

Firstly, she didn't understand how he could easily change the conversation into something personal and his observation about her necklace was unexpected. she couldn't hide the displeasure on her face, but as quickly as her displeasure showed it was replaced by uncertainty. Immediately, she masked her face to her professional look, but everything didn't go unnoticed by Hugh Grant observation. His been studying her for the past two years, and he's been tempted to run a background check on her, but he doesn't want it that way. He knows she has been building walls and making excuses not to see him. Hugh knows Susan is always on guard every single time they meet, but why? He doesn't know.