𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 5 (MAYUMI AND CAIDEN)

CAIDEN

"Fuck that hurt."

"Well yeah it hurts cause I pulled a bullet out from you. How come you got shot while wearing a vest and it actually hit you but not Zian?"

She sighed, "The bullet was going for Zian so I moved him out of the way and took it."

"Why? Why even do that May? You're lucky the bullet didn't hit any artery."

"Ev needed Zian back in one piece, Zian needed Ev. What did you want me to do? Let my brother die?"

"No, of course not but you're so blind May."

"Caiden I'm like so close to hitting you right now."

"Do it, I know I'm not lying when I say he wouldn't do that same for you and nor will Everleigh."

She stayed quiet and I knew I hit a nerve for her, she bit her bottom lip and looked away from me. "I won't apologize for that May, I don't want you to have your head in the clouds about any sort of good sibling relationship you can have with Zian."

"I know Caiden, and I hate it."

I finished bandaging her up and everything and moved closer to her, for as long as I knew May she was someone who didn't let people in and she was never open about how she felt.

Upon meeting her, I saw it as a challenge and wanted to break her walls down. I did somewhat, but I know there was a lot she still hasn't said and this girl has many things going through her head but she's good at being selective with her thoughts.

Another thing about Mayumi is how selfless she is, Zian never really cared for her. Everleigh, without knowing ended up taking Zian away from Mayumi which stripped her of a brother for most of her life.

It's hard cause Ev isn't to blame, shes aware of it but Zian is the problem because he doesn't listen nor realize that Mayumi has been there for him since day one and solving all his issues.

"I can't even-Caiden.." she looked at me, she didn't cry much but when she did I knew whatever she was thinking hurt her that much.

She hung her head, "I know Zian would never do that for me, no matter how much I hope for it. You know, since we're twins and when it's time to blow out the candles I always wished for Zian to be my brother-be the brother I've wanted for so long."

Her voice broke midway sentence, I lifted her chin up.

"You're in your twenties Mayumi, stop hoping and dwelling on something that won't happen. The more you think about this the more it'll make you miserable and my girl is never miserable."

"Your girl?"

"Yeah Mayumi, my girl."

She was surprised to hear it, I didn't expect to be completely upfront like that but it came out and it seemed right.

"So you like me?"

"Always have, since we met."

"...if I said I liked you too, what would that mean?"

"Whatever you want it to mean, you just need to know regardless of what you do I'll always be with you and support you. If there's no one on your side, then I'm dead just remember that."

"Haha..you.." she sighed and I wiped her tears.

"I like you May, and I hope you know I'd never abandon you."

"You break down my walls just to confess you like me? Romantic."

I shrugged and smile, "I know right? Probably the most romantic person you would meet."

She laughed, that's much better.

"Maybe so."

"This is where I ask if you'd like to be my girlfriend."

"No roses or anything? I take back what I said about being romantic."

"If I had known I'd confess while bandaging you up I would've gotten you flowers-trust me."

She smiled, "get me my flowers sometime"

"Oh I will, you didn't have to tell me."

"Mhm, I'm sleepy now."

"My room or your room?" I asked and picked her up bridal style.

"Your room, it's comfier."

"You got it."