Speed VS Time

Side Chapter

---------------------------------------------------------

In the desolate expanse of nowhere, I found myself locked in a fierce confrontation with the person I loathed most, a visceral hatred pulsating through every fiber of my being.

His arsenal of artifacts granted him an undeniable advantage, and no matter the strategy I employed, he effortlessly countered every move. The relentless assault left me battered, yet the fire within me refused to be extinguished. I had spent years preparing for this day, and I wouldn't allow this bastard to escape now that I had finally caught up to him.

With a swift motion, he vanished into a portal, a dark abyss that swallowed him whole. A heartbeat later, another portal materialized farther away. Determined, he emerged, steps ahead as always. The rhythmic dance between dimensions created a disorienting spectacle, but my focus remained unbroken.

"This is futile, Johnny. Why don't you be a good boy and listen for once?"

I halted, allowing his words to hang in the tense air.

"Can't you see that everything I've done, I've done it f-"

I cut him off, my hand raised in a sharp pause.

"It doesn't matter whether you did it for me or you did it for yourself, I will not stop hunting you down until you're dead."

No matter what he said I didn't care at all, all I want is for him to feel the pain I felt when he murdered them.

"You're such a child, Johnny. I thought you would be rational and more reasonable, but it seems like you still have a lot of growing up to do."

With a snap of his fingers, he whisked us away to an otherworldly realm. The surroundings were an expanse of pure white, stretching infinitely in all directions. The stark emptiness mirrored the void he had left in my life, a blank canvas upon which the echoes of our vendetta would unfold.

"You leave me with no choice, Johnny. Since you refuse to cooperate, I guess this will be your new home for eternity."

I lunged at him, but he effortlessly teleported out of my reach.

"You're a psychopath!" I spat, my voice seething with anger.

"Sometimes people mistake brilliance for madness, distancing themselves from the extraordinary because they can't comprehend the greatness of the rewards it holds. I'm the outlier capable of achieving something extraordinary, Johnny, and I promise you, it will all be worth it."

His laughter echoed, the triumphant cackle of a man who believed he had conquered the world.

"Over my dead body," I retorted with unwavering determination.

He rolled his eyes, a mocking display of how predictable he found me.

"Well, it's time to leave. See you never, brother." The words hung in the air, a bitter acknowledgment of the irreparable rift between us.