Chapter 16: Everything comes down to this

Shadow's POV:

Immediately, I blast off into the sky, heading directly for the space station. My golden aura lights up the area around me. Behind me, I can sense the power of Sonic and Silver as they follow me.

But as we get closer to the station, I realise how truly massive it is. Rouge was right. The Infinity Cannon truly is twice as huge as the Eclipse Cannon had been. I come to a stop in front of the cannon.
"How do we do this?" Asks Silver as he and Sonic arrive next to me.
"I'll attack the barrel." I say. "Sonic and Silver, you focus on the station itself." The two of them nod and shoot off towards the structure's main body. I fly directly into the barrel, and start to blast the inside with energy and smashing my body directly into the barrel walls. I do some damage, but nowhere near enough. I can only hope that the others are having more success on the ground...

Tails' POV:

"Attack!" I yell after Sonic, Silver and Shadow blast into the sky. Everyone else takes up my cry and charges towards the facility after me. Then, an alarm begins to wail from the base, and swarms of Badniks pour out from the buildings, heading right for us. I throw my metal box. It lands on the ground and sits there for a few moments. Then, it begins to unfold, the compacted parts emerging as arms, legs, and a body. Then, my portable combat robot stands up straight. I pull out the Miles Electric and start to control the robot. It charges at the oncoming badniks and starts to lay waste to their army. Motobugs and Eggpawns go flying as the PCR sweeps it huge fists through the swarms of enemies.

Looking to my left, I can see Amy fighting side-by-side with Knuckles. The echidna picks Amy up and throws her high into the sky. While still in the air, she summons her Piko Piko Hammer and, with a yell, slams down in the middle of the badniks, releasing a shockwave and leaving a crater in the ground. Immediately, she begins to swing her hammer at anything that comes near her, leaving a circle of flattened and crushed robots. After launching Amy, Knuckles charges straight into the crowd of enemies, smashing and punching them with his fists. He doesn't need to spend time on any one enemy, but rather he hits one and moves on to the next. Looking to my right, I notice Blaze leaving her own swathe of destruction. She launches fireball after fireball at the oncoming foes, causing them to explode, damaging the other robots. But even with all our attacks, and our powers, our progress is slow. The swarm of Badniks just keeps on coming. I have no idea how Eggman had so many troops in a single facility, but, no matter how he did it, there's still an endless army pouring from the buildings.
"Come on!" I yell. I keep controlling my robot as it smashes a path through the enemy ranks.

Eventually, we manage to fight our way through the crowds of Badniks to reach the facility.
"Go! Get the transmission tower!" Knuckles yells, and we all charge towards the antenna. Amy swings her hammer with all her strength, slamming it into the side of the tower, making a huge dent. The others all attack in earnest while I protect us with my robot. Blaze unleashes a swirl of flames, and when it fades, the metal is left melted and twisted. Knuckles just punches the tower again and again, its side buckling and collapsing under his unyielding strength. Then to finish the job, I control the PCR to jump onto the side of the tower. It climbs to the top, aiming for the antenna, with one swipe, it snaps the thin metal rod from the head. It then jumps from the top and pummels the side of the tower with its fists until, with the squeaking and groaning sound of collapsing metal, the entire spire twists to the side and hangs in half.

Sonic's POV:

Me, Shadow, and Silver keep attacking separate parts of the station to do as much damage as possible. I'm about to charge straight into the satellite's main body again when I Silver's voice in my head.
"Sonic! Tails says that they've taken down the transmission tower!" His voice sounds out.
"Then come over to me." I think back. A few moments later, Shadow and Silver materialise next to me.
"Well?" Shadow demands. "What now?"
"It's time to take down the cannon. We need to go full blast, together, at the same time. You both know what I mean." I pause. The other two nod, and we get into position. We blast off towards the main body of the station, coming to a halt in front of it. I float in the middle, with Silver and Shadow up and on either side of me.