Chapter 1:The Love Letters

The cold breeze from the open window gave me cold shivers as I leapt across the room. My excitement flushed my cheeks red with impatience to answer the doorbell.

The anticipation of a new love letter made me jump in joy.

"The Love Letters" is the name of  my favorite book which was finally being updated after three years.I was getting impatient. It is not a cake walk to wait for three years for your favourite author to come back and write the ending chapter.

Jimin,my sweet husband who is already more than aware of my insane obsession with "Golden"(my authors pen name,no one knows his real name)is always thoughtful to make my hobby of reading feel valued.

He had already picked it up and handed it to me.He gave me a quick peck on the cheek,"Did you sleep well,my Eun Ae"  while grabbing his toast and ran off towards the door.He had woken up late and it was already past 8,his office time.

I(Eun Ae) looked at the envelope which had Golden's signature carved in real gold.The Words "Love Letters" was engraved with silver. Someone would mistake these for love letters but it is the name of the book.

My attention, however, was momentarily diverted as I tended to over-roasted bread, its aroma permeating the kitchen.I liked to roast my bread extra hard.

I just love the crunchy noise of bread early in the morning.

With the book in hand,

I settled into my favorite corner by the window, where the warmth of morning sunlight fell onto the pages.

The familiar scent of Yasmin in my balcony lingered creating a comforting atmosphere. It was in this cozy atmosphere that I began to read the final chapter from my dream author, Golden.

You might wonder why the book was delivered to my doorstep. Well, I'm one of the fortunate few fans who receive the book with the author's autograph.

As they say having a rich boyfriend has its perks.It is expensive but it is worth it.

I might have spent a fortune on Golden yet he is  a mysterious figure not only for me but for the whole world.

However,that doesn't stop him from being adored by millions.

If I am being honest, sometimes I wish I was the only one to read his work and that no one else knew him.

The cold coffee was getting even colder haha.

I had forgotten it and it seemed to be waiting for me on the coffee table.

The over-roasted bread crunched loudly as I opened the first page of the chapter titled "My Love Engraved in Gold."

The 110th and the final chapter commenced with Golden and Ami going out of town to buy birthday gift for Ami's father.

Ami is the main character of the novel.She is a witty, determined and quirky girl who loves to take risks and play with situations.

Golden on the otherhand is more reserved and shy.He doesn't like to play with rules.He loves following rules but its Ami that wants him to do crazy stuff for her.

Although Golden never confessed but as a reader I(Eun Ae) can tell how deeply Golden loves Ami.

Oh yes,a quick recap of the novel is that Golden and Ami are childhood bestfriends.