Chapter 4: Officer Jeon Is A Jerk

This stranger is a Police Officer??

but I don't really believe him....earlier the police refused to register the compliant on my missing husband or the murder case so how did an Officer come here,I wondered.

I decided to pretend to be a reporter on her duty because I had to make sure that I could trust this person who claims to be an Officer.

Feigning a professional demeanor I began to weave a believable story.

"I am a TV Reporter.I am here on my duty! Officer... You must have heard a lot about my company...emmm....NnnnNews Reporters...emmm Daily",I stammered while coming up with a made up name".

I held my head up,cleared my throat and tried to look confident even after coming up with such a disaster name all that while trying to loosen up his grip on my wrist.My eyes excessively blinking didn't help me either.

"Who...who are you...I .....I mean what are you...doing here...and how do I believe if you are an Officer or not",I fumbled while asking looking firmly into his eyes.

His grip tightened around my wrist.

His eyes seemed to be inspecting and studying me as if I were a crime thriller and he was trying to guess the killer.

"I am Officer Jeon Jungkook. I am the head of the investigation team.We are investigating for murder. So Lady I am asking you this one last time,

who are you and what are you doing here?",Officer Jeon asked firmly while taking out his handcuffs"So do you believe I am an Officer now",he added while hinting at the handcuffs hanging in his hands midair.

"I'm telling you, Officer, I'm here to collect information on the same case as you are," I insisted, my voice steady despite the adrenaline rushing through my veins.

His expression softened slightly, but the doubt still lingered in his eyes.He narrowed his eyes and scanned my face like a hawk.

"The case is classified," he countered. "No one outside of law enforcement knows about it so how did you get to know about these murders."

"As a reporter, obviously I have my sources which I am not obligated to reveal",I faked being the professional.

He put a hand cuff on my hands.

"Thats enough, I will have to arrest you inspite of the excuses you are giving.
I don't have all day.Lets go",he spoke nonchalantly while dragging me with his handcuffs.

I.....I can explain,I protested while resisting to move.

All these murders are described in a detailed depth in the novel,"The Love Letters"......its crazy.....I know......how the novel name is about love but the book is more about serial murders.....ahhhhhh....hey.....
stop it.....listen....ahhhhh....ahhhh,the pain from being dragged was getting to my nerves and this made me snap.

OFFICER JEON!!! YOU ARE BEING A JERK

I swallowed my saliva when he abruptly stopped.

He didn't look back immediately.

"I am just doing my job,so let me do it maam",he said still not looking at me.

"What if I tell you I knew that the murder was going to happen here even before it happened",I shouted to show that I could be of help to catch the killer.