Chapter 2: The Quest

On the news channel, the news broadcasted another kidnapping that had happened in the neighborhood.

Eun Ae's pov

The bottle of medicine that I was holding in my hand slipped and it fell to the ground.My heart dropped.

I turned to the television screen and what I saw was---

MY JIMIN--------

I couldn't feel air entering my lungs when I saw him confined within the claustrophobic walls of a small cell.
His legs had been bound by rusted iron chains which were so tightly tied around his feet that they had swollen and were bleeding.

The walls were wet with freshly done plaster but the white plaster had been stained with human blood.

The horrifying blood marks had been spilled all over. It seemed like hundreds of people had been beaten to death in this room.

The corroded and worn out walls seemed to close on him as if pressing against his chest.He was struggling for each breath. His shallow gasps were clearly audible through the TV screen.

He had been visibly beaten up before taking the video.His eyes could barely stay open. The veins in his eyes were popping out. His eyes were red- rimmed and had sunken into his sockets.
His face was covered in bruises. He had been punched repeatedly.

Some sort of drug had been administered into him, he couldn't keep his eyes open but someone standing next to him had a heated iron rod in his hand. He kept hovering it around him.

As the camera panned towards the floor,it contained protruding iron rods that wouldn't allow one to sit.

Does this mean he had been standing for hours?

Seeing all this being broadcasted on National Television,I couldn't believe my eyes.

"This cant be true.It has to be my hallucination", I muttered.

I grabbed the pills that were scattered on ground. I quickly swallowed a few pills without water.

I glanced back at the TV screen and it had gotten blank.

Gasping for breath,I crumpled, a panic attack distorted my senses. My heart hammered against my rib cage. I clutched against my chest repeatedly to slow down my racing heart.

My trembling hands tried to reach for the inhaler on the dining table. I struggled to regain control as my hands kept trembling.

Even in a distorted sense of fatigue,reality struck hard------------------

my husband was a captive in the clutches of a serial killer. I had to get help from police.

I charged towards the door.

Standing at the door,I realised it had been years since I had left home alone.I didn't trust myself enough to go to places alone.

Jimin always accompanied me.If I went out alone,there would sometimes be people who would claim to know me but I didn't remember them.

After a while I stopped going out at all.

But it was an emergency right now.The only person I ever relied on,"My husband Park Jimin" was in the jaws of death.