Chapter 3: The Familiar Stranger With The Tattoos

I wiped the raindrops off my face.
I opened my eyes wide.I cleaned the dust off my coat and decided to look for my husband myself.

I recalled every single detail about the room in which Jimin was held captive. I memorised it like a photograph. All I had to do is to look for the place myself.

The framed journalism degree on the wall somewhere in my room finally will find its use.

It was time to take matters into my own hands.

I had no other option but to become a one-woman investigative team.

This would mean I had to visit the crime scenes myself and follow every lead that could lead me closer to finding Jimin.

Location:The muder sight, According to the Golden's book,the murder that had happened a few days ago had taken place at a construction sight that had been abandoned after the builder disappeared mysteriously.There was only one such building in Eun Ae's neighborhood so she decided to start her investigation from there.

Eun Ae's POV:

I ventured into the abandoned construction site, each step echoing through the demolished walls.

My years of preparation to become a reporter finally came to use as I examined the scene.

Despite the apparent cleanliness of the site, I sensed that something had happened and a desperate attempt to mask the crime had been made. I took the photograph of a shoe mark that seemed to be fresh.I collected the sand sample to check for DNA,if any.

This would surely give me a clue or two about where Jimin might be.

Suddenly, I heard some weird sounds.

OHHHHHH NOOOOOO!!!!!

Someone else was coming!!!!

The footsteps were distant yet close enough to shatter the silence of the abandoned building.

It prompted me to hide behind a crumbling wall. I could see the ground as the wall was completed broken and demolished.I had to stay still or I would fall to death.

My heart pounded in my chest as I struggled to control my erratic breathing. I pressed my hand against my mouth to stop any noises.

The footsteps drew nearer, the person was  heavily breathing, as if the person was running from a chase.

Peeking cautiously around the corner, I saw a man standing just a few feet away. My breath got caught in my throat as I realized the stranger was now suddenly standing right in front of me.

I stumbled backward. I lost my footing, and kept hovering at the edge of the building desperately trying to get back on my feet.

A firm grip reached for my hand.

Before I could fall, a strong hand reached out and grasped mine, pulling me back and I landed up against his chest, barely an inch away from his face.

As my eyes adjusted to the dim light, I saw a daunting and bulky mysterious stranger in front me.

His eyes fixated on me as if scanning a thief who was just caught committing a theft.

I broke the eye contact and looked towards the ground. This made me look at his arm.

His arm was adorned with intricate tattoos, inked on his forearm was something along the lines--
"Rather be dead than cool" and "Make hay while the sun shines.""

What could it mean I wondered",while looking at them curiously.

Additionally, he had a "Tiger Flower" drawn on his forearm with the phrase "Please love me" accompanying it.There were two more tattoos near his elbow. The word 'Hwayangyeonha' was inked in Chinese letters, which translates to (The Most Beautiful Moment in Life).

I also noticed a traditional Korean paintwork 'dancheong'.

Soon,I realised I was staring at his arm for an unusually long time so I looked at his eyes at once.

I realised his gaze was still fixed on me.The tension between us could be sliced with a knife.

The atmosphere was dead silent, even breathing felt like the sound of a trumpet.

Despite the tension that hung in the air, there was a strange sense of familiarity in his touch.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still as we stood inches apart, our eyes locked without even exchanging a word.

In that fleeting instant, I felt a connection, as if I knew this person well. It felt as if I had lived a lifetime with him and this wasn't our ist meeting.
People say it happens because we know this person from our last life.

Was this the reason for this familiar feeling?

His eyes were deep and sad.
I couldn't help but wonder what secrets lay hidden behind his piercing.He kept holding a soft gaze at me,I looked into his eyes and my gaze softened.

The fear of being caught in the middle of nowhere by a stranger was gone.He felt comfortable.

His deep voice broke the silence,

"Its officer Jeon",he scoffed.

"I will have to arrest you for tampering with evidence",he added.

Protesting against his accusation,I replied,"I am a reporter and you can't arrest a reporter".