8

* COURT DAY *

★★★

-CHRISTOPHER'S POV-

The morning sun rays entering the hall unapologetically, announcing their arrival upon the dark carpet of the Night. Every living being lives off it wakes up too. Distributing their sounds and daily tasks.

I've been under my debt of unfinished duties for the whole night. Existing as an Immortal isn't very eventful. The best part, is I get to see everything unfold and live reactions...

How old am I again?

About three hundred ish or maybe younger... Or older. I stopped counting after my first one hundred. It's useless if I'm the only one attending it every time. Besides, what's the need? I saw whoever wished me a delightful birthday die... Brutally even.

Or I did it myself sometimes... Only thing surviving is the old tree in my garden.

Getting a grasp of myself, I stood up, stretched -or more like cracked- my back, and collected my belongings from the finally semi-clear desk.

Hearing a faint sound perks my ears. I turned around in a haze, A sheet of cloudy air substance covered my vision. My hand moving up lightly, swishing the air away, I see a fogged room...

Oh, it's a conscious vision... Inhaling a sharp breath, all my senses got tensed. I grip the desk to stabilize. It Must be essential for today.

Looking thoroughly I vividly monitor the last events happening with the peasant... So you didn't question Aratheal, Merola. Hmm, What a loss.

It's amusing how he tries every time to enlighten her to ask, to seek the right path and trust his words inside or disregarding them... TSK.

Moving on

From outside the office. I see the attorney general with his lousy helper coming up, of course, I'll have to witness his boring lecture about our affairs, the impact of Merola's behavior and the expenditure, and every other uninteresting chatter he can pull.

Furthermore, the hearing of the court will be attended by only one judge and... the king...

I scowled upon seeing him, he had won every opportunity to meet my harmful side. The true king he is, I for him, was a disgrace. So he never bothered standing against me in every possible way.

Then there is Zeus prohibiting him from neglecting his task. Me. So What he does is refrain from bonding with me, but never shut me down fully...

Ever so close yet so far away, put in words.

Speaking of far, further, everything seems to go as put. The knock on the door confirms me. I snap out of it and let go of the desk. Sweeping on my feet, I Head to the door, bringing a shawl from the hanger on my way.

A surprised face greets me momentarily. "M-orning your honor." Cutting him mid-salute, "Let's go" I say and continue walking.

He followed a second later, "Your majesty, aren't we overstepping with this trial?" With a heavy breathing, he opposes. For the 30th time now. Heavens...

..Where's the turn again?... I halted. Why is this palace so big... Perhaps this right I-

"Your majesty!" Standing him next to the left turn motioning. Oh!, "Thank you!". I nodded enthusiastically and went to the right. He murmurs something while catching up.

What? He was guiding me to the king's office obviously, so the other way it is.

Dismissing his long speech, I handed him the shawl, "don't forget it in the king's office by the armchair" I reminded, leaving him to struggle. We don't want blood covering the court floor and they might need it, now... Drifting to his helper.