A essay I did for class

This is a small essay I had to do for class it's about Cherry and Marcia.

11/28/23

Why do people have such a strong connection with each other? In The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton, is about a gang of greasers in the 1960's. The members of the gang are treated very badly because they are poor. In the novel some characters have strong connections. Cherry and Marcia have a lot of similarities in personality and physical characteristics.

Cherry and Marcia are very similar physically. Cherry and Marcia are both teens and also do Barrel racing together. Even though they are similar they also have a lot of differences like how Cherry has red hair and Marcia has brown hair or how Cherry is taller than Marcia. Cherry, Marcia, Ponyboy, Johnny, Two-Bit and Dally are at the drive-in movie theater. "Name's Sherri, but you can call me Cherry because of my hair. Cherry Valance." (Hinton, 31#), In this quote Cherry is introducing herself to Ponyboy. Marcia seems to be the opposite of Cherry Marcia grinned at us. She was a little smaller than Cherry." (Hinton, 33#). Ponyboy is describing Marcia. Cherry and Marcia aren't as similar as they seem to be.

Cherry and Marcia are similar in personality They both stand up for themself and are very smart, Although they are similar they do have their differences. Chetry gives a lot of compliments but Marcia is more nervous and a bit shy "Cherry was looking at me. "What's a smart, nice kid like you doing with trash like that for? (Hinton, 31) Cherry is complimenting Ponyboy, Marcia has a different personality than Cherry "Marcia was shifting nervously. "What are we going to do? (Hinton. 498) Bob and Randy saw Cherry and Marcia and are coming to pick them up. Cherry and Marcia have two very different personalities

Cherry and Marcia are very similar in personality and physical appearance. In The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton, is about a gang of greasers in the 1960's. The members of the gang are treated very badly because they are poor. People have strong connections with each other.

Word count 363

Author 1