Chapter 19

A few days had passed and life in the Lupin/Black/Potter household, had fallen into a routine. Every morning, Lily and Remus got up and made breakfast. James had tried to insist that he was perfectly capable of helping his wife make breakfast. However, after his first go at making eggs in a basket nearly lit the house on fire, he gladly handed the responsibility over to Remus.

Try as he might, Harry couldn't convince any of them to let him help with any of the chores. They wouldn't even let him do the dusting! Instead, all they ever told him was that he needed to focus on finishing healing and having fun. If you asked him, it was a load of rubbish.

He was on his third day of being board out of his mind, before something interesting finally happened. And by interesting, he meant something bloody horrifying.

They had all sat down for some lunch, when Hedwig flew in with the post. She flew over to Lily, who she had quickly taken a liking to, and dropped the letters in her lap. She then went over to Harry who fed her the crust off of his sandwich.

"Let's see, a letter from Dumbledore inviting himself to tea." She chuckled, "Typical. Remus here's your Daily Prophet. Oh, and here Harry. There's a letter for you."

He looked at it with confusion and took it from her. He hadn't gotten a chance to tell any of his friends where he was staying yet. Uncle Vernon had stolen all of the letters he had received that summer, so he actually hadn't been able to talk to any of his friends sense the end of term. So, who had sent him a letter?

"Oh, bloody hell!" as soon as he saw it, he threw it onto the table as if it had burned him.

"What's wrong?" James asked with concern.

Sirius began to snicker, "It's a Howler. Does someone have an angry girlfriend?"

He shook his head quickly. "It's worse... so much worse..."

"Oh, it can't be that bad..." Remus reached over and read the name. His eyes instantly widened, and he too threw it back onto the table.

Lily rolled her eyes, "What is going on with you two? Who's it from?"

"Mrs. Weasley..." Harry said with a shudder.

Sirius screamed and jumped from the table as Lily and James stared at him in shock. "Oh no! I don't know what you've done, but there is no way I am going to be in the same room as you when you open that bloody thing! I've heard all about the Howler you received after that flying car incident!"

"Flying car?!" James and Lily were beyond confused now.

"Look out!" Remus pointed at the letter as it began to float into the air. "You waited too long to open it!"

Harry hid behind James, "Here it comes..."

The Letter unfurled itself slowly, then took the form of a mouth. There was a moment of silence before... "HARRY JAMES POTTER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" they all held onto the table for dear life as the screaming continued.

"WE HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU!!! YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO ANY OF OUR LETTERS, AND RON TOLD ME THAT HERMIONE SAYS YOU HAVEN'T RESPONDED TO ANY OF HER'S EITHER. THEN MOST RECENTLY, ALL OF OUR LETTERS HAVE BEEN RETURNING TO US, BECAUSE YOU NO LONGER LIVE AT NUMBER 4 PRIVET DRIVE! WE HAVE BEEN SENDING OWLS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY LOOKING FOR YOU! FINALLY, I ASKED DUMBLEDORE WHERE YOU WERE STAYING, AND HE GAVE ME THIS ADDRESS. FOR ONE YOUNG MAN YOU ARE VERY HARD TO FIND! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF MAKING ME WORRY LIKE THIS! I DOUBT YOU ARE EATING WELL; YOU NEVER DO. IF YOU DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS LETTER BY FLOO IN THE NEXT FIFTEEN MINUTES I WILL ASUME YOU ARE EITHER DEAD, OR HARD OF HEARING, AND I WILL BRING MY FURRY DOWN UPON THAT HOUSE! HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?!" And with that, the letter tore itself to pieces and fell to the ground.

Harry immediately got up from the table, "I uh... gotta... make a call..." he ran into the other room as fast as humanly possible.

The adults just stared at each other in shock. "What just happened...?"

(A/N - Thanks for reading!)