Solar power

SUMMARY: Narrator and Stanley but portrayed as the sun and the moon?

TW/CW: None! Just some genuine fluffy shit.

In the beginning, there was only two.

The Sun.

And The Moon.

The Sun was so happy, constantly moving and dancing across the sky, blinding everyone with his mere presence. He seemed carefree, warm. For some reason, the People both loved and hated the sun the same, though he payed no mind to their opinions. No Person would dare look at him till he was leaving, then they would wonder why they ever looked away in the first place, and repeat.

The Moon, though? He was slow, precise. He wasn't overjoyed, but not exactly sad, he just, was. People could gaze at him as they wished, though there were only the few that did. He didn't see why they would bother staring at him, he wasn't much of a sight. But he did cherish those that do. No Person complained about him, though he also didn't get many compliments. Those that saw him, cherished it, and those that didn't, didn't.

And they never spoke. Not to one another, not the the People. Though The Moon had his opinion on what the Sun would be like.

The Moon thought The Sun would be loud, overwhelming. Maybe even hot, but that was as far as compliments go. The Sun would be egotistical, annoying, absurd, and as impressive as a week old take out container. (By that, I mean it's genuinely shocking how quickly that stuff can form an entire new ecosystem)

The Sun thought that The Moon would be quiet, gentle, and caring. He thought The Moon would be soft, and always willing to listen. He hoped, even, that The Moon would be accepting of People's issues and problems.

But is anyone ever who they seem to be? No, that's why they were both wrong, ironically so.

The Moon wasn't calm, he wasn't gentle, he wasn't caring. He wished he could burn the People like The Sun does, he wanted every breathing thing to leave and only had a few exceptions, he wanted everything to go back to the time when People weren't there and everything was just plants and water as far as anyone could see.

The Sun wasn't loud and obnoxious, he wasn't happy and carefree, he wasn't. He wished he didn't burn People with his gaze, he wished People could see him, not feel any pain. He wished he could see the gentler people and things that only came out under The Moon's gaze, he wished he didn't scare them with his mere presence.

But they could never talk, The Moon never wanted to, The Sun simply couldn't stray from his route.

But time, solar systems, and The Universe all comes to a stop at some point. For Earth, that time was the first Solar Eclipse.

And for the first time, The Moon looked at The Sun, and The Sun looked at The Moon.

And then there was something new.

Something different.

There was The Universe's first love.

And it all started with a stop.