Chapter One: Arrival And Dangers Of The New World

When he regained his conciousness upon his arrival on the goddess' world, Peter immediately heard a rustling sound. His jaw dropped open at the same time that he opened his now widening eyes. What his vision sighted for the first time upon arriving in this brand new world was a tall and rocky hill in front of him.

When Peter recovered from his euphoric feeling, the new representative of the goddess immediately tried to find the source of the sound that was becoming more apparent to him. It's increasingly sounded like trickling water rather than the rustling of some tree leaves.

When Peter looked down he finally realized the true source of that sound.
What he saw amazed him to no end. It's a crystal-clear body of water that was free-flowing. A gargantuan stream that he can't see the whole size just by using his mundane eyes. That's when Peter became so sure that he's no longer on his old world, Earth.

In his twenty plus years of living on Earth, there never was a time he saw a stream as clean as this one. All he ever saw were bodies of water polluted in the hands of humans.

He touched his face.

As a testament to its cleanliness, Peter was able to use the inflowing stream water as a mirror.

"There's no change. Did I really die? Why do I look the same then?" the lad asked, partially rotating his head side to side as he also squint his eyes hard.

After his amazement of the stream subsided, Peter began to look around.
The young man turned around and he saw another tall and rocky hill. After that he turned to his left. He realized something in doing so. The distance between the hills is too narrow. And although the stream's length is close to infinite, its width is quite the opposite. Just like the distance between the two hills enclosing it, the stream is narrower. That's how he concluded that he's inside of a certain type of landform right now, a valley.

Meanwhile, the ground he stood on is a narrow road made of dirt located in between the stream and the two hills.

Peter wiped his sweaty forehead.

He glanced at the sky.

He put his right hand across his forehead so he won't have to look directly at the sun. The sun was not hazy. There's a low chance of raining. The blue sky was full of white floating clouds, all slowly moving eastwards.

The sun shines majestically on all beings who were busy with their daily activities, he hypotetically assumed.

Based on Peter's observation, it was still noontime according to the positioning of the sun as well as the current heat of the atmosphere, that is if this world was indeed a parallel Earth as the goddess have told him.

Peter dropped one knee on the ground. He put both of his palms together. He lowered them to the stream to scoop some water. The young lad used the first one to wash his perspiring face. He then drank the ones after that to relieve the dryness of his throat. He felt refreshed.

Peter started to walk away from that place after quenching his thirst.

With every step he took, his heart thumped uncontrollably.

Peter felt a mixture of nervousness and excitement.

Nervous because he had no idea about the new world he will now live in. There's also concern of the dangers that he may face from now on.

Excited because of his growing expectations for good things and events like being able to use magic.

He began threading the narrow passage hoping to find some sort of a community. Hopefully, a human settlement and a kind one at that.