Chapter Two: The First Companion - Ichiro

Lucky for Peter and the wolf, the gigantic wild bear still faced another direction, paid them no heed as it continued to gorely feast on its prey.

Peter's shoulders relaxed. He didn't realize it was tense because of nervousness. He focused all of his attention at the wolf once again.

The wolf still hasn't fully recovered from the fear. It was still shaking a bit.

The wolf looked at Peter with teary eyes as if it was begging him not to abandon it, to not leave it to die.

Peter made contact with it. Without speaking, he helped the wild animal to stand up. After that, he supported it as it walked towards the portal.

Soon, the two entered the portal leading to the Livelihood Dungeon.

...

Peter lost all of his strength just after closing the entrance leading to the Livelihood Dungeon. "Dungeon close!"

He fell together with the wolf on the grassy plains of the dungeon. As he regained his strength, he looked at the wild animal he rescued by his side.

Peter swallowed a few consecutive times as he remembered that it also posed danger in his life.

Our stupid and poor MC hurriedly performed the sign of the cross.

The wolf seemed to sense the gaze of the one who saved its sorry ass. It stared back at the person who was now slowly backing away from it.

The wolf's head tilted in puzzlement at its savior's strange action. It stood up and slowly approached the human.
"No! Don't come near me. You stay there!" the human commanded the wolf with a slight tremble in his voice.
The animal can't understand what this good human was saying to it but it understood one thing in his voice.

It recognize this sound. It's the kind of tone its countless prey produced before it turned them as its food to fill its starving stomach in the past. To show that it meant him no harm, the wolf stopped moving and sat on the grassy ground. It just remained sat.

A few moments later, the man was stunned speechless by the behavior the wolf was exhibiting. Peter chortled in amusement. The wild wolf that once wanted to prey on him now behaved like a gentle sheep.

An interesting idea popped-up in the mind of the owner of this equally interesting Livelihood Dungeon.

"Since you seemed kind enough, let's try that thing on you!" Peter declared with a goofy grin.

He whistled and made the wolf came close to him using his index finger.

The wolf gleefully rushed to Peter.

Peter fell on his back accompanied by a soft thud. He felt the warmth of the grassy earth. His face became very wet and sticky. He also smelled a fishy and an unpleasant smell coming from the wolf's mouth. Oddly enough, instead of being in a foul mood caused by the smell, he felt happy. The wolf was now excitedly playing with him.

"Stop it!" Peter reprimended the excited wolf with a playful laugh while he also gently pushed it away.

The wolf sadly growled as his savior stopped him from horsing around.

Peter laughed by how it cutely acted.

"Status," enunciated Peter.

...

Name: Peter
Race: Human
Gender: Male
Age: 23 years old
Lifespan: (40-90)

Title/s:

Master of the Livelihood Dungeon!