Ch. 15 ~ I Have a Solution!

Dana sprinted through the bustling halls, weaving through a sea of workers and production equipment. Her footsteps echoed urgently as she navigated the corridors, the click-clack of her shoes echoing behind. Papers scattered in her wake as she darted past busy crew members, her focus fixed on reaching the conference room.

The distant hum of conversations grew louder as she neared her destination. Dana's heart raced, matching the pace of her sprint. As she turned corners and bypassed set pieces, the conference room loomed ahead.

The rhythmic thud of her steps reverberated through the halls, each stride bringing her closer. The conference room door approached, and with a final burst of speed, Dana reached it.

Breathless from her sprint, Dana swung open the door to the conference room. The eyes of those inside turned toward her, and she immediately began to apologize profusely.

"I'm so sorry for being late, everyone," Dana exclaimed, her words rushing out in a flurry. "The set has been chaotic, and I had to handle some urgent matters. Thank you for your patience."

Inside the room sat Odalia, Amity, Camila, Luz, Alex, along with some writers and other workers. The atmosphere was tense, and Dana could sense the weight of the issues hanging in the air. Taking a moment to catch her breath, she scanned the room, acknowledging the gathered individuals.

"I appreciate everyone being here today. Let's get straight to the point," Dana continued, her tone now more composed. "We've encountered some challenges on set, and it's crucial that we address them head-on for the sake of the production."

The eyes of the attendees shifted from Dana to each other, anticipation filling the room. "Luz and Amity are currently at odds, and their conflict is creating a hostile environment on set."

She observed the varied reactions in the room – from concerned glances to subtle nods. The gravity of the situation was palpable. Dana continued, "This feud is not only affecting the working atmosphere but also influencing the entire cast. It's disrupting the flow of our production, and we need to find a solution to move forward."

Dana looked around the room, emphasizing the collective responsibility. "As a team, we've invested a lot of time and effort into this project. We can't let personal conflicts jeopardize what we've worked so hard to create."

Dana, determined to address the situation, continued, "Which is why—"

However, before she could complete her sentence, Odalia abruptly interrupted, expressing her frustration. "This is ridiculous! Your daughter has been causing chaos on set. She ruined takes, pushed my daughter into a cake, and even managed to mess up a scene by getting slime on her. It's unacceptable!"

Camila, defensive of her daughter, argued back, "Those were accidents, Mrs. Blight. Nobody is perfect, and Luz certainly didn't intend for any of that to happen."

Odalia, unyielding, interjected sharply, "Your child can be perfect if you just discipline them properly. Look at Amity – she's an exemplary actress, and Luz is the problem here. Maybe it's time to consider removing her from the show."

The tension in the room escalated as Camila and Odalia continued to exchange words. Amity and Luz, who had been silent observers until now, couldn't stay quiet any longer.

Luz, frustrated, spoke up, "You say she's perfect, but as far as I can tell, she's as bad as a rotten apple. Someone who makes fun of other people and talks badly about them isn't a good person. I might have done bad things, but I never intended for them to happen. Oh, but I'm just a train wreck and should be put on a leash."