1. Sayaka & Leon

Trigger warning: This story contains brief mention of a mental hospital, although not in any sort of depth. Also contains mentions of murder but this is Danganronpa you knew that! :p

OH and just a touch of angst, as a treat <3 (Including yelling and negative talk as well as minor swearing)

This felt so wrong. It made Sayaka's stomach churn at the very idea of facing him. The guy she tricked, the guy who got his revenge without truly trying. Her hand was shaking as she set it on the doorknob, turning it slowly and quietly, hoping this would be quick and she could just get it over with. She drew in a shaky breath as she opened the door, it made a quiet creaking sound which pierced her ears as if as loud as a siren. The room was bare, like some sort of insane asylum. She saw his hair immediately, which was hard to miss due to the white walls. She didn't speak, opting instead to just walk closer. There he was, Ultimate Baseball Star, Leon Kuwata. In the flesh, or.. whatever ghosts were made of? And it was her fault he ever died. Given the nature of the games, it was inevitable that one of them was likely to die, but how desperate Sayaka was to escape that hellhole really took a toll on her reasoning, killing herself and someone else in the process. Of course, Leon chose to fight back, but she had no right to blame him for simply acting in self defense, any rational person would do the same. 

Leon was sitting cross-legged on the ground of the room, no furniture in sight to make this horrid situation any more physically comfortable. If she couldn't even make herself physically stable, how was she supposed to stay mentally stable? Sayaka sighed once more and sat on the ground opposite to him. He didn't say a word, just staring at her with eerily wide eyes. Eyes that spoke a million words themselves, but the silence was still deafening. She didn't want to break the silence, but the sooner these two pretended to make up the sooner they'd be able to leave, and even if paradise wasn't waiting for her, anything would be better than being here in a bright room with the boy she practically framed and killed because of her own selfish ideals.

"Hello." She finally said, glancing at the security camera in the corner of the room, and trying to force a smile onto her cold lifeless face.

"Don't smile at me, you know it isn't worth it.." Leon sounded more hurt than angry. Like he was scared. But it's pointless to be scared when you're dead, you can't get hurt anymore, right? 

"Right, sorry then." Sayaka fell silent once more, not sure what to say, if anything to make the situation better.

"Why did you do it?" His words were meant to be out of anger, but they had no bite. It came out as more of a plea, begging to be given answers.

"I didn't think it would pan out like that." Sayaka choked, she wasn't lying in that statement, but if things HAD gone her way, she'd be off scot-free and he'd still be dead, and everyone else in Class 78 would be dead too for blaming Makoto. She trembled as she replayed the memories in her head, how she betrayed everybody. It hurt, but she absolutely set herself up for it. 

"So you threw me under the bus for your own d*mn benefit.." Leon broke the silence, he looked ready to cry, but likely never would due to toxic masculinity tainting his brain. He coughed slightly, looking up at the camera.
"Look, this isn't working, I'm going." He stood up and began walking to the door.

"Wait." Sayaka said. She stopped herself. Why did she say that? What was she doing? Her breath caught in her throat.

"Fine, go.." She looked defeated, before shooing him away with her hand. He left the room, turning to her briefly before he did. He scanned her with his eyes, and a faint grunt came from his throat. He left without a trace. Without a goodbye. The same way he was forced to leave during his execution.

Sayaka picked herself up off of the ground, mad at herself for letting him leave and wondering if she'd even get peace after this or if she'd have some sort of punishment.

She turned her neck to face the security cameras.

"Monokuma." She said roughly.

"Puhuhu!" As if on a cue he entered the room, causing Sayaka to jump backwards and instinctively covering the half-healed hole in her abdomen.

"Miss me?" The split-dye bear said in a mocking tone. Sayaka wanted to say no, wanted to run. But something in her told her not to. Told her to hold out.

"See, that went absolutely HORRIBLY! And the fans aren't gonna watch it if it isn't good! And I got my wife, beautiful salmon by the way, and so many cubs to feed! So ya better not give up yet or you got a lot waiting for ya! Puhuhuhu!" And just like that, he was gone.

Sayaka wondered what it would take to satisfy the bear, so she began to stride less-than-confidently towards the white door, turning to open it. She shifted her weight onto her non-dominant foot, and pulled the door open a crack. Leon was sitting on the ground in the connected room, tapping his foot with a disgruntled expression. She entered this room, practically identical to the first, which was to be expected as she had next-to-no idea if she was even on earth right now, and sat beside Leon. This time she was next to him and a lot closer, and she half expected him to knife her again or to at least push her away. But he didn't. He just sat there, squeezing his eyes shut, trying not to make eye contact, or look at all for that matter. After about three minutes of silence he opened his pale blue eyes. 

"What is it that you want?" He barked, this time with more anger as his hesitation disappeared on a whim between the two minutes since they were sitting parallel to each other.

"To apologize." Sayaka croaked. To be honest, she had no desire to apologize, even though she knew she should. She knew it was the right thing to do. He deserved so much beyond just an apology, but undoing death was a skill you'd expect from Yasuhiro or Celeste, not the Ultimate Pop Sensation. Sure, she was lightning on her feet and had a nice voice, but her skills in other fields like basic human decency were clearly lacking. She hesitated, glancing at the other camera specially placed to watch her every move. She moved precariously around Leons body to get to a comfortable side where her face wasn't visible to the only camera (that she knew of) in the room, then hugged him. Leons body tensed up in an instant, and he backed away, jumping up slightly only to fall back to the floor with a thud a couple of inches away from Sayaka. 
"Sorry. Forgive me." She bit her tongue.
"ASK FIRST, YOU IDIOT!" He seethed.

This was not going as planned.

"I was trying to apologize.." She said guiltily, feeling a pang of sympathy again. She knew what it was like when her fans touched her without permission, but yet again she made things worse by pinning things on Leon. 

She glanced up at the security camera again.

"Look.. please forgive me." She repeated, gesturing subtly towards the camera with her head.

Leon sighed then stood up.

"Fine. Not like it matters anyway." 

"Right.." Sayaka followed suit, standing up next to him. While making him say he forgave her was all she hopefully needed for Monokuma to release her, Sayaka was too proud to admit that part of her truly did wish he meant it. She wondered if, if they had met in any other circumstances, Leon and her could have been friends.

But it was too late for that now.