Chapter Eighteen

With Christmas looming closer and leaving me as some grinchy infectant, it's been a constant losing battle to keep my head screwed on straight. Not sink back into the darkness and smother myself in loneliness, although I have found myself enveloped but the feeling is anything but negative.

Red tinsel that we tugged from the lopsided tree tickles as it brushes against the sensitive skin of my wrist, the burn of my muscles is fuel to the fire that ravages my blood and drips tears from the corner of my eye. Soaked into the fabric of couch cushions that he has pushed my face into, mouth wide with his fingers pressed against my tongue, lips brushing against the ridged seam.

Thank fuck I never really cared about the fact Sam bent Sophie over this very sofa, otherwise I would be a massive hypocrite because being pressed into it, with Hugo's chest pressed against my back is the best thing to happen to me in days.

His forearm hooks around my throat, arching my back and promising euphoric thrusts with every slap of our skin, as it echoes around the quiet living room. Fingers hooked under my bottom teeth, tongue sliding against the calloused skin as the shrieks of pleasure he yanks from my body echo around him.

Nothing in the world exists except him, he's everywhere and everything. Manipulating my body, easing the weight of my thoughts and quieting the constant screaming, the sound of waves crashing and water rushing as I wait for something bigger. The tsunami that's going to drag me back, back to wondering if I died the second, I saw Bentley or if it came in the days after.

The one thing I know for sure, as pressure climbs in my chest and my legs shake on the outside of his. With my cheek pressed into the cushions, his free hand sliding against my clit in tight circles and body cloaking mine. Is that there is nothing in the world that will ever compare to feeling Hugo take care of me this way.

More than some casual hook-up that I was only ever interested in, Hugo feels like everything and even though it makes my palms sweat and heart race. I know the feeling isn't new, isn't fleeting, that maybe like most risks in life it forever will be worth it.

"Your soaking my cock baby" Hugo growls, the voice deep and cracked as it shivers across my skin and warms the shell of my ear.

If I had known, it was possible to ruin every pair of underwear one owns when discovering the depths of one's feelings for someone then I would have thrown them out. Perhaps it's the rocky state of my emotions, I haven't had the chance to ask Sophie and Imogen if in fact it's a... romantic partner thing, but either way it's a nuisance.

Although, my recent rebellion against ruining any more undergarments was the reason I've ended up in this position. I'd say it's a pretty successful first day honestly.

My skin burns as the crack of his hand against the tender flesh of my ass. "Fuck Hugo!" I cry, "Please, again"

His fingers slip from my mouth, one hand sliding back to my clit and the other coming down against my flesh and digging his fingers against the sting. Heart pounding through his chest, the vibration against my skin a reminder of everything coursing through my veins.

"You feel so good" Hugo chokes out, forehead dropping down against my back, muscles flexing as his thrusts slow and pressure mounts between us. Drawing my climax closer to the surface, hand leaving my ass to slide through my short hair and pull my face out of the cushion.

It arches my back further, letting him slip deeper than I thought possible, connecting us like two puzzle pieces slipping into place. "Fuck, fuck- oh!"

My fingers coil around the thick bone of his wrist, fingers sliding against my clit, but the unrelenting ministrations become my anchor. Hands tied and pressed between our bodies, my nails pierce the thin flesh and his groan of pleasure reverberating against my skin sends me rocketing off towards somewhere I will always crave to return too.