Try

Demi's POV

"Did you really have no idea?" I asked Lia as we both finished the meals Saph had helped me make for tonight. She shook her head, a small smile spread across her face. 
"I didn't..this is worth it though." She said quietly. I frowned a little and tilted my head to the side. What did she mean by worth it?
"Worth what?" I asked. She shrugged and looked down at her plate.
"I thought you'd blown me off. When I saw Saph's car outside to pick me up from work it was kinda heartbreaking and..I don't know." She stopped talking. 
"And..?" I prompted her to continue. She shrugged again. 
"I've been hurt a lot in my life, Demi..this," She gestured to everything in front of us. "This doesn't happen to people like me. You don't happen to people like me. When I saw Saph's car, in my head that was it, I was immediately convinced that you were done with me-"
"Lia I'm never going to hurt you, why do you think I will?" I asked, my voice raising slightly. 
"Look don't get mad okay it's just how I've lived my life up until now, being let down is all I know, how was I supposed to expect this?" She also spoke louder. 
"But you know I'd never let you down!" I fought back. Why is this happening? I thought to myself.
"I know that! But you have to understand that having you tell me you'd be there at the end of a shitty day, and instead, finding my best friend, who's telling me you couldn't make it, you have to understand that that was heartbreaking for me to hear!" She explained to me with an angered tone. I could feel my hands start to shake a little as it became more tense between us. 
"I get that, Lia. I do. But I was trying to make this the best night for you. I wasn't just going to ruin it for you by taking you out and getting swarmed by paps, I wanted it to be nice." I tried to calm down. She didn't say anything for a while.
"Demi..did something happen today?" She finally spoke. I looked up to her, noticing that her eyes weren't focused back on mine, but at my hands. I looked down to them and realised I was playing at the ends of my sleeves, something both of us knew we did when we self-harmed.  I remained silent.
"Demi," She spoke softly. I didn't move, keeping my eyes focused on my sleeve. I jumped a little as her hands held onto my wrists, turning them both upwards. My stomach flipped, for what reason I had no idea. I knew I hadn't relapsed. Why was I so scared? She gripped the bottom of my sleeves and rolled them up to my elbows, and I could see the relief flood through her as she stared at my bare arms. She sat back and then stood up, moving over to my side. 
"Talk to me." She whispered, pulling me into her side. I sighed, and felt the tears start falling down my face.
"I just..I-I want everything to just be p-per-fect for you a-and I try to do that b-but-"
"Hey hey shhhh," Lia cut me off as I sobbed in her arms. "Babe you make everything beyond perfect. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She cooed. 
"I love you, so much. I didn't want to disappoint you.." I drifted off the end of my sentence, trying to stop myself crying. She pulled me closer to her and held me tight, before finally speaking.
"You didn't disappoint me. This whole thing, this is amazing. I've never been happier in my life, because of you. Yeah it upset me when it wasn't you outside work, but this is so much more than having you pick me up. I love you, Demi, more than you'll ever know."

Lia's POV

I am quite possibly the stupidest human being on the planet. When do people get taught how to phrase sentences in a way that doesn't make it sound accusative? Clearly I missed that lesson. I made Demi cry. My own girlfriend. The one person in this world who is left for me to love. How could I have fucked that up already?

"What are you thinking about?" Demi's soft, soothing voice broke my train of thought. I felt her arm tighten around my waist as she laid behind me, being the big spoon as we laid on my bed.
"Nothing." I lied. I shouldn't have lied. 
"Tell me." She pressed. 
"You know I love you, right?" I asked. I felt her nod against my neck.
"I'm so sorry..for making you feel like I was ungrateful for what you did tonight.." I said, barely in a whisper. She moved behind me and sat up, leaning on her elbow.
"Look at me." She said. I turned my head and looked into her eyes.
"I don't want you to apologise anymore. You have no need to. I love you." She put it simply. I sighed and looked away, but was stopped by her hand moving to the side of my head, pulling my face back round to hers and close to her. She placed her lips on mine and clutched onto the back of my neck, our lips moving together. She pulled away and sat up properly, as did I, and leaned in again, pulling my lips back to hers. She let her body fall against mine, so she was completely laying on top of me, my hands resting on her waist and hers on the pillow under my head. It began to heat up as she ran her tongue across my bottom lip, causing my lips to part under her command, letting her in. 
"Mm," I hummed. "Babe," I managed to speak through the kiss. She bit down on my bottom lip a little as she pulled away, pulling it with her then letting go, revealing a smirk spread across her face.
"Saph's gonna be back really soon.." I whispered, scenarios of my best friend seeing Demi and I like this flashing through my mind.
"I wasn't going to..um.." She hesitated.
"What.." I smirked. She raised her eyebrows a little at me.
"You know what I mean." She rolled her eyes and shook her head at me, then rolled off my body and laid beside me, then put her arm over my stomach. 
"I really love you." She said quietly, her head resting on my chest causing me to feel the vibration of her voice through me. 
"You have no idea how much you mean to me, how much you've meant to me for 5 years, before you knew I existed." I kept my voice at the same low volume as hers. 
"I knew you existed babe." She whispered. I turned my head slightly to look into her eyes, gesturing for an explanation. She smiled and her cheeks filled with red before she spoke.
"Of course I did. I knew a soulmate existed somewhere in the world who was mine."

(A/N: I'm sorry for the late update, and that the chapter is a bit crap but I've been unbelievably busy and dealing with personal things.

Next update: July 3rd - again, sorry its so far I just won't have time :( 

Please keep reading, vote, comment, and thank you for not giving up on this.)