Fairytale of New York

Lia's POV

When I was little, and I sat in my bedroom drawing pictures and singing to myself, my mind always wandered to what the city was like. I've always lived in LA, but never had I been to real LA, where you could most likely bump into a celebrity in Target. The only reason I ever left my town was to go to school, as it was quite far from where I lived. So as a little girl, wanting to be a singer, aspiring to be on TV and all those things little kids think when they're little kids, I wanted to go to the city. Having grown up and actually going into actual LA to work, it became less of a dream to see my city, but New York was always the one. It was the place I'd dreamed of going as a child. I never thought I'd ever be able to afford to go, even when I started earning my own money, there were always things to pay, or something more important to save up for. Never did I think I'd literally be given a trip to the city of my dreams.

"Did you really not know your mom was doing this?" I asked Demi again, still in awe of the fact that we were actually on a plane to New York.
"Honestly babe I had no idea, I'm just as shocked as you are." She told me once again.
"I hope she knows how grateful I am for this." I said to myself out loud.
"She does, I know she does. I mean you made it pretty clear that you were.." Demi teased me, reminding me how many times I had actually thanked Dianna after she gave us the tickets.
"I can't believe you let me embarrass myself like that. I must have said thank you at least 50 times." I let my head fall back against the head rest of my seat.
"So there you have it then, she knows that you're grateful, you told her 50 times." Demi reassured me.
"Now stop worrying about my mom, and focus on the fact that we're actually almost there and we'll be walking through piles of snow soon." Demi spoke again.
"Snow?" I asked.
"Yeah, it's a lot colder in New York. It snows there." She informed me.
"Right." I nodded, forgetting myself for a moment.
"I've never seen snow in real life." I added quietly. I mean, I had never left LA.
"What..?" Demi was stunned. "Never?" She asked. I shook my head a little.
"Wow..I didn't know that.." She sat back slowly.
"Is that weird?" I asked her, feeling a bit self-conscious now.
"No it's not weird I just..it's just one of those things you just assume." Demi told me. I could see she felt bad for reacting the way she did.
"I've never been outside of LA and it's only snowed like, 4 times there ever, so..." I trailed off the end of my sentence.
"Wait, you've never left LA?" She asked. I shook my head.
"You're pretty calm for being on a plane for the first time.." Demi said quietly.
"Haha no I'm actually terrified..when are we landing..?" I asked, nibbling on my lip as my anxiety grew.
"Oh um, quite soon. But it's okay, I'm right here." Demi held onto my hand, lacing her fingers with mine.

*****

"...and feel free to call for service at any time, Miss Lovato." The guy said, as he lead us to the room, helping us with our luggage.
"Thank you." Demi said courteously. He gave a small nod of the head before walking away. Demi unlocked the door with the key and lead me into the room. I picked up two bags and headed inside.
"Woah Demi this is..huge.." I tried to speak, but was shocked to my core at the room.
"Damn, my mom really went all out.." Demi added, just as stunned at me.
"It's like a whole apartment in one.." I looked around the living room, which is what we walked in to. There was a huge TV opposite the sofa, and kitchen type thing on the left. I walked through the living room, going into the room on the right. It was the bedroom, with a huge bed in the center, the sheets perfectly white, and bedside tables on either side. Another door in the room let to the bathroom, which had a rather large bath in it, as well as a sink and mirror above it, and plenty of space for toiletries.

I came back out of the bedroom and into the room opposite it, which was just the toilet.
"Demi this is amazing." I walked back over to her, standing in front of her and taking her hands in mine.
"Well, my mom clearly knows how much you deserve and how well you deserve to be treated." Demi said with a wink.
"I'm still not convinced that you didn't know about this." I said again.
"Lia I swear I had no idea!" She whined, stamping her feet a little.
"Okay fine! But you should look around this place it's so perfect.." I went on about the room.
"Well it should be, it's the Ritz." Demi giggled. I shook my head a little and tugged on her arms as our hands were still linked.
"Look around though, you should see the bedroom..." I bit my lip and smirked, walking backwards in the direction of the room. Demi's face flushed red, but she soon got over it and was also biting her lip. I pushed the door of the bedroom open with my back and brought Demi's hands up to my neck, bringing her closer to me so I could kiss her. I let my hands filter through her hair as my lips took over hers, both of our breathing increasing.
"Hmm.." Demi hummed a little as I lightly trailed my tongue along her bottom lip, causing her lips to part, giving my tongue entrance.
"Mmm babe.." She tried to speak. I pulled away and let my hands drop to her lower back, toying with the bottom of her shirt.
"How about a shower.." She whispered. I bit my lip and shook my head.
"There's only a bath.." I whispered back, lifting her shirt up a little to let my hands draw circles on the bare skin of her lower back,
"Even better.." She whispered back, reattaching her lips to my collar bone.