𝟎𝟏 | wind flies through my hair

𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐀 𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐑  ┆彡

i hide behind a huge tree in the camp half-blood's forest, as an attempt to listen to those who followed me here.

"where is she?" clarisse yells out with pure anger in her voice, i guess that she didn't take my little revenge very well.
"search for her, we can't loose her now" i hear her bossing everyone around as she usually does.

okay, you may be wondering about what the hell is happening, so let me enlighten you.

when i found out that the ares' kids stole my necklace, my magic item, the only thing that i've ever gotten from my godly parent i was furious.

luke, my friend tried to talk me out of it, but the anger has just blurred all my thoughts and i decided to take a revenge.

yes, a revenge, on the ares's kids, the children of the literal god of war.

but i wasn't that stupid, when it was dinner time, i sneaked into their cabin and hid a few of their belongings around the cabin itself, it has taken them three days to figure out that something was wrong.

and now, they decided to follow me into the forest.

i hear a stick cracking close to me, possibly too close to me, causing me to carefully lay my hand on the tree bark to balance myself out and peek unnoticeably, while trying to slow down my breathing.

and as i do, i can see that one of them stands right in front of the tree that i'm hiding behind. i quickly sit back, trying to think of what to do next.

i mean, what choices do i have?

i stand up and walk out mindlessly, right as i do, one of them spots me.

"clarisse! we've got her!" he yells out as he runs up to me, ready for being praised.

i look at him intensely, but as he keeps getting closer, i switch my glare to a bush standing in the middle of the two of us, which shakes by a sudden force and a rock abruptly rolls out, causing the boy to trip over it.

i couldn't hold in a light chuckle, which made clarisse even angrier.

she brushed her long curls out of her face and muttered something under her breath.

"think about the consequences, do you think that chiron is going to be happy when he founds out that the ares's kids beat up a poor twelve year old in the middle of a forest?" i speak calmly.

i counted five of them, and another two are hiding behind a tall tree trunk.

"pretty annoying twelve year old, and one of the best sword fighters at camp, i think that he's gonna be disappointed in you" some of her peasants joins as i glare at him.

clarisse hand gestures for him to be quiet.

"you're not so tough now, are you?" clarisse walks closer to me as i switch my glare back to her "you're just a little child, a favorite one though, everyone can see that" she speaks slowly with despise while walking in a circle around me "but for what i know, nobody has ever seen you actually fight someone" she laughs.

"come on, you'd never fight me one on one, there must be seven of others for you to gain courage to threaten me" i tilt my head.

"what did you just say?" she stops and looks at me deathly.

"do you have a problem with hearing too?"

"no wonder you're still unclaimed, i wouldn't claim a child like you either" a smile appears on her face.