𝟎𝟔 | it must be a set up

in the previous chapter;

"don't act like you don't know what's happening here! i just, i heard your voice in.. in my head it was weird, it felt weird!" my words start filling up with rage.

"i wasn't doing anything, are you crazy?!" she yells back at me, which catches attention of some campers that were standing nearby.

we both noticed.

"stop messing with my head" i say more calmly this time, but still pretty sharply.

"you should get your ass back into the nursery, bimbo" she responds before walking away.

the 6th chapter;

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

trigger warning ⚠️ ;  sharp language used

𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐀 𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐑  ┆彡

i feel like i'm walking on autopilot.

my thoughts are just rolling back and forth and it's a complete mess in my head.

how does he dare to disrespect me like that?

after i went out of my way to help him.

ungrateful son of a bitch.

"what are you doing to that poor boy?" aire, you know, my bestfriend, the apollo girl, yells from up the tree that i'm walking under.

"you scared me" i respond blankly, not even looking up at her, my thoughts slowly blinding my way.

"scared you? you don't look very scared to me" she smiles before motioning for me to climb up, making me stop to look up at her.

"c'mon, you know pretty well that i lack climbing skills" i shake my head in disagreement as my lips shape into an almost unnoticeable grin, my mood slightly changing for the better.

i actually don't suck at climbing, i'm just not a fan of heights.

"i dooo, but i'm committed to teach you, remember?" she says while looking all smiley.

i turn around to see if there's anyone near. i think that i'm getting paranoid from the attack of the group of ares' kids.

"i'm surprised that you even know what a commitment is" i joke before turning back around and seeing a cone flying right towards my face with the sound of aire's laugh.

my reflexes make me quickly raise my hands to cover up my face but a few seconds pass and i don't feel anything hitting me.

did she miss?

when i lower my arms with a confused expression creeping up on my face, she speaks.

"ow, okay, harsh" she lays her hand on her nose gently. "how'd you do that?" she asks.

i'm guessing that the cone hit her instead?

i think for a moment "the wind has probably just changed direction right in the moment" i shrug my shoulders while walking closer to the tree "come down, why are you always sitting on trees anyway?" i ask while shaking my head.