𝟎𝟕 | breaking their eye contact

in the previous chapter;

(the end of percy's pov:)

"don't act like you don't know what's happening here! i just, i heard your voice in.. in my head it was weird, it felt weird!" my words start filling up with rage.

"i wasn't doing anything, are you crazy?!" she yells back at me, which catches attention of some campers that were standing nearby.

we both noticed.

"stop messing with my head" i say more calmly this time, but still pretty sharply.

"you should get your ass back into the nursery, bimbo" she responds before walking away.

the 7th chapter:

  ҉    ҉  

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 ┆彡

bimbo?

bimbo?

she can't be serious.

first, she starts talking in my head out of nowhere, then, she calls me a bimbo? she's acting like it's my fault!

"hey bud, you look like you just got striked by a lightning" luke chuckles lightly.

"yeah i feel like i might've got" i respond.

"okay as much as i am excited to hear about what happened, we need to go and find your talent now, before the evening practice starts" he tells me before patting my back in order to follow him.

"talent? wait, practice?" i pipe up

"you got a few pretty busy hours ahead of you bud" luke nods.

"but why do i need to find a.. talent?" i ask as we walk beside each other.

"it's because of glory, you know, the thing with clarisse earlier? glory can prevent that, glory can make you noticeable, scary even" he says looking like he's daydreaming.

"how do you—? the clarisse thing happened like a few minutes ago" i pause.

"it was like 20 minutes, rumors spread fast percy," he explains "but we're talking about glory now"

this guy seems to really like the word glory.

"oh, glory, wait so if i do have glory, my dad has no other option but to notice me and then eventually claim me right?" i start speaking my mind quickly.

"well that's not exactly how—" he raises his hands in a sort of 'calm down' gesture.

"i'm in then!" i cut him off with a hint of hope in my voice, my father needs to help me get mom back somehow. she can't be gone.

after doing a bunch of different activities, from shooting from an arrow to almost burning the whole camp half-blood down, luke decided that it's time for the sword practice.