𝟎𝟐 | backfired very quickly

҉   ҉

it's evening now, i haven't seen the ares's kids ever since i've returned from the forest.

currently i'm sitting on the porch of the hermes's cabin while playing with my hands and thinking.

today, grover finally returns from the mortal world, it was about time honestly.

chiron typically sends a protector for the kids who grow up to the age of about 10-12 years old.

well, and this time, grover was the protector.

"meara!" i hear isla's voice suddenly calling my name, but i notice that she's feeling down.

"what's wrong?" i look up at her.

"i heard some rumors about you beating up the ares's kids" she sat next to me.

"i didn't, like, beat them up? i was being careful, it was all defense! i was holding myself back" i shake my head.

"chiron wants to see you in the nursery" she looks down.

"is it because of them?" i stand up swiftly.

"i don't know mea, i was just supposed to deliver a message" she sighed while standing up too "good luck, troublemaker" she hugged me suddenly.

i hugged her back "thanks, i'll tell you how did it go later, okay?" i smiled while letting go and slowly walking backwards.

"okay" she smiled and i fully turned around and started walking towards the nursery.

as i'm unwillingly creeping closer, i hear chiron's passive aggressive voice explaining something.

but then i suddenly hear grover's voice.

i brightly speed up a little bit to meet my friend after such a long time, but then i can actually hear and understand the words that they're saying and i progressively slow down.

"we need to put the two of them together somehow, but at the same time, it could have a completely different impact than we want it to have" chiron says as i quietly stand right behind the corner of the entrance door.

grover's quiet for a moment but then he carefully responds "they're my friends, i hate discussing them behind their backs" he says quietly, his voice breaking in the middle of the sentence.

he actually stood up for himself.

"stayr, you don't understand this situation, do you? we need to think of a way... we need to think about how could they help to stop this—" then he suddenly stops talking.

he knows that i'm listening.

after a short while which felt like hours to me, chiron's voice finally cuts through the silence "miss adair, it's a really bad habit to listen to a conversation that you're not a part of" he states uprightly.

i creep out of my hiding spot while following up on what he just said "it seems like i am a part of it though"

i'm playing with fire with this tone.

right when my eyes meet grover's my mood changes almost instantly and i rush to hug him tightly.

"meara!" he exclaims as a friendly smile appears on his lips.

"what took you so long?" i ask muffling into his shoulder.

"i wa—" he starts explaining but chiron cuts him off.

"children, you can discuss this later," he says strictly.
"meara, you're here for a reason, i need you to take care of this boy, he's a new camper" he points to one of the nursery beds in the back with a head movement.