A Growing Bond

Wednesday and Izuku entered the room together. While looking around, Wednesday accidentally bumped into a candle, which Izuku reflexively caught.

Izuku gave Wednesday a look before placing it on the table.

Izuku: (whisper) Careful, we don't want her to know what we're doing in here.

Wednesday nodded. She then turned towards her pack.

Wednesday: Nail file.

She reached a hand into the pack, where a dismembered hand passed her a thin, flat piece of metal.

Izuku stared bewildered at the dismembered hand while the hand pointed its fingers towards Izuku.

"What the hell is that?" The boy asked incredulously, amazed and disturbed at the sight of the dismembered hand, although why did it have so many stitches?

The girl realized she hadn't introduced Izuku to her companion/family member.

Wednesday: Izuku, this is Thing, Thing, Izuku.

As if done with the introductions, Wednesday turned around to continue her attempt to break open the lock.

Izuku waved at the hand awkwardly. While Thing also reciprocated with an awkward wave.

"Where's the rest of him?"

"No one knows. It's one of the mysteries of the Addams family history." The girl replied as she began to pick the lock.

Izuku, noticing how long it was taking, decided to help.

"Allow me."

Izuku expertly released a thin thread of black whip into the lock as they heard the locks turning and tumbling.

Wednesday raised an eyebrow, interested in the boy's rather peculiar ability.

Wednesday: What is that?

The goth pointed to the black thread from Izuku's hand.

"It's one of my abilities. I call it black whip."

Wednesday tilted her head to the side. Although the girl is rarely curious, she couldn't help but take particular interest in the broccoli-haired boy.

Wednesday: Black Whip?

"It's an ability where I can produce multiple black rope-like substances which also reflect my mood."

Wednesday nodded in understanding as Izuku concentrated on the lock.,

Wednesday stared as Izuku did his work. After the final latch clicked,

the boy opened the window, allowing the black-haired girl to squeeze through.

As soon as they went outside, Wednesday and Izuku looked around to analyze their surroundings.

As far as they can see, the town spread across the whole valley, with tall buildings and rural houses peppering the area.

Afterwards, the boy lifted Wednesday into a princess carry, then used float to levitate in the air.

Wednesday faltered when she noticed they were floating in the air, but Izuku's embrace calmed her.

The boy was so focused on their escape. He didn't realize the goth girl was secretly blushing in his arms. The way Izuku carried her brought back distant memories from the past, where she remembered a young East-Asian boy who consoled her after the death of her beloved pet scorpion, Nero.

Wednesday subconsciously squeezed Izuku as if he were someone very dear to her.

They began to float off the roof as they passed a series of buildings behind Ms. Kinbott's office.