I Just Wanna Go Home

{1022 Words}

When Lottie woke up, it was still dark and she couldn't see anything. When she tried to get off of her bed, there was some sort of cage around her bed. She started crying, hoping her older brother didn't prank her by locking her in the dog kennel again.

Suddenly, there was a voice she didn't recognise in her room and she stopped crying. A magical voice, perhaps he was a fae coming to steal her away from her home. She recognised his voice but in the darkness, mixed with the haze of sleep, she couldn't place that deliciously whimsical voice.

And then suddenly there was a really bright light and she screamed! She covered her eyes. "I'm sorry, baby! I'm sorry! Daddy forgot the night light. Daddy was a dummy and forgot your night light. …And I probably should have turned the night light on and not the overhead light." The fae picked her up but she kept her eyes closed. He held her tight and rubbed her back. He whispered the most wonderfully delightful things in her ear while she relaxed and her eyes adjusted to the light.

When she opened her eyes and looked around, she remembered she wasn't in her room. Well, not the one she was used to. This one looked like somewhere a baby would sleep and play in.

"Are you okay, baby?"

"I wanna go hommmeeee!!"

"I know, baby. First thing in the morning, you will call your parents and we will figure this out. But for right now, it's the middle of the night. And your parents sold you to cover their debt and I purchased you so you wouldn't end up with Carlos tonight."

"Not fair." Lottie sniffled.

"I know, baby. That's why we have strict rules about this but Carlos broke all of them. But we will see how we can fix this in the morning, as long as you don't end up with Carlos. Everything should be okay."

"You beat up Carlos for me?" Lottie pouted.

"I wish I could, baby. I wish I could. But Carlos outranks me. I don't have much authority as it is. Beating up Carlos would probably result in him killing me and claiming you for himself."

"Nu do that! Stay with me!" Lottie squeezed Jackson tighter.

"I will baby, I will. I think I need to change you though."

Lottie looked down at her puppy footie pyjamas. "What you mean?"

"You wet your pull-up in your sleep so much it's now on my arm." Jackson said while setting her down on her change table.

Lottie huffed. "I did not! I'm a big girl! I use the potty! I-" Jackson simply handed her her soggy pull-up while he finished cleaning her up. Lottie was going to complain but there was no denying that her pull-up was now yellow and wet, really really wet.

"This is bullshit!" Lottie threw the pull-up on the floor! She wasn't sure where it went but hopefully it will disappear so she won't have to look at it again!

"No, just a little girl's pee tonight."

Lottie blushed and hid her face as she tried to will herself to evaporate like the morning dew.

Jackson had somehow managed to put a bumblebee footie pyjamas on her while she fussed about wet pull-ups not being her fault. If he didn't put her in them and in a jail cell she wouldn't use them!

"It's not a jail cell, it's a crib made for little girls like you. And I put a pull-up on you because obviously you are a little girl who has little accidents while she is sleeping."

Lottie huffed while he put her back in her crib. "What this?"

"I attached a pacifier to your footie pyjamas because that was something else I was dumb about and forgot on my first night as a real Daddy Dom. At least I didn't forget your night light this time."

"Jack-Jack?" Jackson cringed at the nickname.

"Yes, baby?"

"You nu dumb. You real smart. You smart like an astro-nut."

"Thank you, baby."

***

At breakfast, Jackson found the only decent breakfast food he had in the house. Some cereal that was more candy than breakfast. Since it was going to be essentially finger food, he simply put the bowl in front of her on her high tray.

"Don't look at me like that! We are going grocery shopping after breakfast!"

"I thought vampires were supposed to keep their humans healthy, not give them diabetes and a sugar crash?"

"I'll get you something better while we are out. Or I could make you an unconventional breakfast and make you another frozen dinner."

"Yaaaay! Eat a handful of sugar or sad meat. Do I at least get milk?"

"The milk is out now. The best I can do is a half a bottle of apple juice or tap water."

Lottie huffed. "Get claimed by a vampire, they said. It will be great, they said. You will never go hungry again, they said."

Jackson winced. "I'm sorry! I wasn't expecting a human and it was too late to go grocery shopping last night."

"It's fine. I'm just pestering you. As long as you buy me some potatoes when we go shopping."

"Of course, baby. As long as you promise to eat other things too."

Lottie huffed but agreed. She tried to argue that he should let her eat coffee or alcohol for breakfast since she was still a bit hungry but he was a meanie and said little girls can't have those things.

She expected her parents to be worried about her. She expected her parents to ask her to come home. She expected her parents to want her to at least visit. She expected her parents to want to meet Jackson.

Jackson didn't expect Lottie to come running out of her room from calling her parents in private to jump on his lap. Lottie buried her face in his neck while sobbing. "They said I was an immature brat! They said I was no longer their problem!"