Sleeping Late

It's 2am in the morning, you're resting on your bed, thinking like a dumbass about a love you recently experienced. "Sigh... I can't sleep", you thought in your head. 

You decided to just get up and get a snack. As you head out of your room, you see that Ena's room still has the lights on. You knock on her door and enter, you see her drawing something she has been drawing for days.

"Ena... go to sleep, it's 2am in the morning. I'm actually concerned for your health", you said. "Just one more hour, Rie, I'll probably finish soon", replied Ena. You walk towards her desk and look at what she's drawing on her tablet. 

"Woah Ena! that's an amazing drawing of Mizuki! the way you render her skin and hair, it's amazing you know", you complimented her with an amazed look on your face. Ena smiled at you, then continued to draw Mizuki.

"I wonder why you draw nonstop every day, Ena, it's not very productive and healthy", you said.

"I need to get better, people always belittle me just because they have talent, they can't get that a beginner like me is still a 'beginner', it makes me mad every time", replied Ena. 

You rest your head on her bed and look at her, "Wanna talk about it?".

"No, not now.", said Ena bluntly.

You stare at her for a few seconds and finally decided to talk, "Ena, you're not a beginner, I'm definitely worse than you", you chuckle. Ena smirked a bit and said, "Thanks... I guess, but I still want to be better". Ena grabbed her earphones and put it over her ear, she probably doesn't want to be bothered now.

You get out of her room and thought for a while. "She seemed upset... Maybe I can get her something from the cafe", you thought.

You grab your dark purple coat from the coat hanger, a hat, and some gloves because it's cold outside, you put on your boots and get out of your apartment. As you're walking on the dark, quiet, lonely street, you can't help but think about your love life, again. You ignore it and try to think on how to cheer Ena up. 

You enter a cafe and go to find some warm drinks. Some hot chocolate for Ena, and hot tea for you. You also wanted to get cheese cake for Ena, since she loves those. "The total will be 900 yen", said the cashier. You paid and said goodbye to the cashier. You look your phone, it's already 2.45 a.m. 

You arrive back to your apartment and take off your coat, gloves, and boots. You see Ena's room still has the lights on, so you enter it. You see Ena asleep on her desk, still with her earphones on and every other electronic devices around her on.

"She must be really tired", you said to yourself.

You decided that you were going to drink her hot chocolate instead and put her cheesecake in the fridge. You turn off the devices around her and turn off the lights. you go back to your own room and begin your attempt to sleep. 

The next morning, you feel sleep deprived because you could only sleep for 2 hours before your 6am alarm. You remember that you were going to give Ena her cheesecake, but you had to go to your parttime job before going to university until evening. You prepare to leave for work and leave Ena a note on the fridge:

"Ena, I bought you cheesecake last night, if you want to eat it, warm it up first then eat, have fun drawing!! Ganbatte! :D".