THIRTY EIGHT

Asialyn B. Duncan
Las Vegas, Nevada

My head was spinning, throbbing and aching, I took a second before squinting them open slowly—thankful that the lights in the room were dim

My head was spinning, throbbing and aching, I took a second before squinting them open slowly—thankful that the lights in the room were dim. I looked around me to see nothing familiar. Worry washed over me, I felt something move at the foot of the bed looked down at warp speed— recognizing Sensei. Where the fuck are we?

"Hey boy"  yuck, my voice sounded terrible.

Sensei barked loudly making me cover my ears instantl.
I already had a raging headache and his loud ass wasn't helping at all. "Shhhhh, Sensei, shut the fuck up" I whined

"Lyn?" The familiar voice nearly broke me to hear, I turned to the door to my right to see Keenan standing in the door frame, tears running down his face.

Keenan?

My tears wasted no time to spill down my face, He rushed to my bedside and pulled me to his chest tighty—by this time I was bawling. "Oh my god, you woke up" I hugged him back.

" I missed you, so much. I thought about you every single day" I pulled away to see his face. He was way taller now and way more muscular. He really grew the fuck up on me.

"I've been up for days Lyn, it's you everyone was worried about" he gave a sad smile.

Memories of my last conscious moments came to my head. I remember getting my nails done...then me and Mondo leaving to get food—Then I remembered a truck rear ending us then....Oh my god , we were getting shot at.

What happened? Did we get in a accident?

"Where's Mondo? Oh my god is he okay ?" The monitor
keeping up with my heartbeat next to me started to beep loudly gaining my attention and making Sensei jump off the bed scurrying towards the door.

"H-He good...Ian gon lie, I had to beat that nigga ass"

What??????

"What? Why? What happened?" I sat up worried

Why are they fighting?? I thought they would be the best of friends...

"Mufucka couldn't keep you safe Lyn...I'm just happy your okay, I thought—I thought I lost you." He looked pained making me tear up along with him.

"I'm okay Keen" I reached for his hands holding him gently.

"Asia...I bought a house for us out in San Francisco. It's to dangerous here Lyn, I already have most of your clothes packe—"

"Hol' on, Wait. Huh?"  I'm getting light headed now

"I-I can't just up and leave, I have a job here Keenan an—and friends."