chapter five (part one) - the teacher

tw : mention of drowning (again ik, expect it atp), very mild swearing

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ THIRD POV

After Natasha left, Wanda lay on her side in bed. Her smile after the day they had, hadn't left for a second. Unconsciously, she's been playing with her finger, rehearsing the unofficial official names for each finger

"Purple, rude, ring, pinky." She shuts her eyes for a moment, remembering how Natasha was there for her, helping her feel again what she hadn't for a long while. That to her was her most memorable day.

She carefully shifts her body onto her back, holding the book Natasha read from closely to her chest, grinning to sleep.

Natasha cycles up to her porch, where she meets Alexei leaning against the porch fence, most likely waiting for her or drinking and smoking, the latter is very likely, but given Natasha came home late, it's definitely the former this time.

Alexei notices her, moving to a standing position without trying to intimidate her, after all this is his girlfriend's daughter.

"It's a bit late... have a seat." asked Alexei with concern, "want a beer?"

Natasha looks at him with suspicion, nonetheless she takes the can of beer he offers as she sits on the fence, beside him.

"So where have you been?" Natasha puts the drink down, not wanting to get too comfortable, just wanting to get into bed.

"You got a boyfriend?" Alexei chuckles out before winking at her teasingly, "look at you, my little girl is all grown up."

Natasha still hasn't let down her guard, holding herself up stiff, "I'm not your little girl, Alexei." An awkward tension rises as Alexei begins to realise his jokes aren't being taken with the same humour as his, and turns to being a little more serious.

With more paternal protectiveness he asks, "Okay so do you have a boyfriend? Because it's okay if you do, I mean as long as you are using protection-"

"Okay stop." Natasha cuts him, done with the conversation, she heads to the door, sniggering at his insane laughter in response to her embarrassment. He might be a little drunk.

"Goodnight alexei." chuckles out Natasha.

"I'm just playing, Natalia."

"It's Natasha. Goodnight."

The next morning, Natasha left early to go back to Wanda's house, a large stuffed bag in her clutch.

Inside, she sits on the counter as she tilts the bag filled with savoury snacks, dumping all the content onto the surface. Displayed on the table was snacks from cereal and biscuits, to sweets like lollipops, ring pops and bubblegum. Wanda watches with curiosity, having little to no exposure to the unhealthy delights, Natasha introduces her favourites to her.

"I got whatever I could before mom could wake up. There's a lot. Lollies and Gummies." she states with a smirk.

Misha, who is equally as interested as Wanda, struts her way towards the counter to try and perk herself on it, until Wanda prevents her from doing so,

"No Mish, not for you."

Natasha, on the other hand, is distracted by the food in front of her. She scavengers her hands through the pile, finding the best ones for Wanda to try.

"These are really good!" she picked up the fizzy blue raspberry laces, "They scratch the roof of your mouth sometimes, but either way good." Wanda questions in her mind if she wants to risk herself to that.