chapter six (part one) - the moment

tw: cuss word in russian😧
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ THIRD POV

The next morning, Natasha woke up to a loud commotion outside her room, her mother and her boyfriend were arguing over another stupid thing again. Either way, it pissed Natasha off, and in frustration she stuffed her face into a nearby pillow. The shouting never droned out, still as loud. Natasha groans in annoyance and stares at her ceiling, trying to wake herself up. She's thinking about the night before, how Wanda told her to leave and so she left Wanda. But as hotheaded and stubborn Natasha is, she wasn't going to let it all end there.

Her eyes sweep over the wall behind her, a wall with an abundance of ripped out pictures from magazines of just female icons. Natasha gets a light bulb idea, and she quickly gets up to haul off as many as she could to stuff into her bag, along with other magazines lined up on her bedside table. With all the adrenaline rush, she pauses for a moment and flips off the direction of her mother and her boyfriend, then rushes out the far back door without her guardians realising

At Wanda's house, a rustling of noise wakes up Misha, who on edge goes to investigate the sounds. Consequently, the movement wakes up Wanda, who wants to call out for Misha, but also hears the same noise but even louder and closer. Footsteps coming closer to the house, inside almost.

"Tasha?" Wanda whispers out.

"Hey we've got a cat in here." Downstairs Fury notifies Maria.

But upstairs, at the mention of the cat, Wanda's head perks up, her eyes wide with panic as she tiptoes to the doorway

"Hey buddy, what's your name?" Hill coos at the cat, looking for a collar tag, "Misha."

At the front door, Hill coddles the cat, rubbing her delicate fur carefully. Fury on the other hand is alerted by the presence of a cat, is curious and walks further into the house

"Aren't you a beautiful girl? See Fury, I told you it was worth the look." Hill teases smugly.

"Okay yeah, just take her to the car."

Wanda is trembling in fear, the strangers are taking her cat away with no considerations, the one thing she had left, was being taken away.

"I'll give the place a look over, just to make sure we ain't missing out on anything." Fury calls out to Hill, who is already guiding Misha out to their car.

Fury treads into the living room, where he investigates the many books that line the bookshelves. All of them being Natalya Maximoff's doesn't raise any concerns to him. He walks into the kitchen, where the table is made neat, chairs tucked in as a yellow beam of sun streams in.

He then walks down a hallway, where he almost missed the only bedroom in the house; having seen the one unmade bed out of the two, from the corner of his eye, he struts into the room looking around. Eyeing the discarded book on the dresser, Fury picks it up and flicks through the pages before stopping on a page, marked by an individual paper with a handwritten message. Confused, only knowing Natalya Maximoff as a lonely person, he wondered why she would address a book to somebody else.

He takes the paper in his hands, carelessly dropping the book back onto the dresser, and looks around the room once more, pausing right next to Wanda's bed. Unknowing of Wanda's existence, he just about misses the small whimper that escapes Wanda's lips, from under the bed, before clasping her hands tightly to her mouth. Fury then leaves the bedroom and out the house door towards the car. Wanda, upstairs, rests her head on the hardwood floor, and shrills out a cry in fear of herself and her cat.

Outside, Wanda could still hear their conversation.

"What'd you find?"

"A paper. A slip of paper that's signed and was hidden in a book."