chapter six (part two) - the moment

tw: apart from one 'shit', none
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ THIRD POV

The rest of the collected plums are thrown into the bucket. At first they find a stick to squash the juice out of the fruits, but Natasha suggests the alternative.

"It might be easier to just step on them." She shrugs.

"That will be very messy."

"What did I say about being messy?" Natasha jokingly sniggers, "Let me help you in."

"And you?"

"Not me. Nuh uh." Natasha retorts sassily.

Wanda bites back, "And what did you say about being messy?"

Natasha lets out the loudest gasp, "You little rat, don't use my words against me."

She holds Wanda's hand and helps her in the bucket whilst she finds space for herself. The two of them humorously try to sway dramatically inside the bucket, only to slip and jump out at the first feeling of falling. They then grab the bedsheets and pillow cases, and dunk them in the thick substance of sticky plums, the sweet aroma fluttering in the air around them. Both girls use their hands to cover all the spots of the white fabric with purple dye of the plums, occasionally holding it out in front of them, to see how it's looking. Then they drape it on a clothing line, spreading it out to take the hose and spray water all over to get rid of fruit pieces that stuck to the fabric. Of course, neither of the girls are efficient with the job, as ever so often would they spray one another.

"Wanda! That's so cold." She shrieks out.

"You looked like you needed to cool down, Tasha."

"Oh I'll show you 'cool down'."

Natasha chases Wanda across the grass, reaching her hand out to grab the hose and drench Wanda back with the water. They take turns to spray the sheets down, and each other. Mostly the latter.

Back in the bedroom again, Natasha arranged her makeup and nail polish across the floor in front of Wanda. The latter drags her pointer finger on the casing that protects the makeup whilst sucking on her lollipop, she looks up for a second to see Natasha chewing her necklace.

"Are you eating your necklace?"

"I am. Try it, it's good. I've got bracelets too." Natasha grins.

Wanda, with curiosity, nibbles on her necklace as the rush of sweet and sour flavours swirl around her mouth.

Natasha picks up her eyeshadow palette and slides her ring finger in the purple, then smearing it gently on Wanda's eyelids.

"Does it look good?"

"Beautiful. Here, let's take a picture." Natasha takes out her polaroid camera from her bag and sits next to Wanda, tilting her head near Wanda's. She takes the picture with the flash, to which Wanda yelps in shock, not expecting the sudden flash.

"What did that do?"

"Well all will be revealed in a couple of minutes. Let's try these now." Referring to the tin filled with different coloured chapsticks.

Natasha takes out an orange chapstick and applies it generously on her lips, "Guess the flavour."

Wanda, uncertain of what to do, leans in and smells the lingering scent of the chapstick.

"Orange."

"Huh, beginner's luck I'd say."

"Oh yeah? Do another one then."Wanda challenges.