Chapter 4

Dove looked around, excited at first, but soon a little perplexed. "This is the city? I was imagining it to be a little greener."

"Yeah. I dunno, they just tried to fit too much housing in such a small space I guess. Well— shall we go meet Bonbon and Melody then?" Crow said.

"Yeah!!"

"Alright, follow me." Crow smiled.

Dove gawked at everything they saw. After all, they had almost never seen anything like all of it before. The buildings, roads, and even the wall around the city was strange to them. Eventually, they made their way to Anni's house, where Melody and Bonbon were in the treehouse. Anni was nowhere in sight.

"Hey guys!" Crow shouted to get their attention. "There's someone I want you to meet!"

Dove waved up at them. The two looked down, and Bonbon waved back.

"What are you waiting for? Climb up and introduce them!!" Melody beamed.

The two climbed up, and Dove almost couldn't contain their excitement as they shook the hands of Melody and Bonbon cheerfully. "Hi! I'm Dove! Crow's new friend! And soon your friend too! I love making friends!"

Melody giggled. "I assume they introduced themself first?" She asked Crow

"Yeah, they did." Crow grinned sheepishly.

Bonbon chuckled. "You have a lot of energy."

"Yep!! You bet!! Although, I haven't been this excited to meet someone in years! Crow's told me a little bit about you guys but not much." They beamed.

"How long ago did you meet each other?" Melody asked.

"Not too long ago." Crow replied.

"Ooh! How about we play a game! So we can all get to know each other better!" Melody suggested. "How about... truth or dare?"

"Sounds good to me." Bonbon replied.

"What's that?" Dove asked.

"It's a game where one person asks another truth or dare. If you choose dare they can dare yo to do something, and you basically have to do it, otherwise you lose the game. If you say truth they can ask you a question. Same deal, you tell the truth— and if you don't answer you're out. Once the person who's been asked truth or dare has completed the task, it's their turn to ask another person truth or dare,." Crow explained.

"Oooh! That sounds fun!" Dove said excitedly.

"Alright! I'll go first to demonstrate. Bonbon! Truth or dare?" Melody grinned.

"Truth."

"When was the last time you brushed your teeth?" She smirked, trying to catch him off guard with a possibility embarrassing topic.

"This morning." He replied. "Dove, Truth or Dare?"

"Uhhh— Truth!" Dove answered.

"What's your favorite color?" He asked.

"Uhh,, Purple!!" They stated. "Uhh... Crow! Truth or dare!"

"Dare." Crow smirked.

"Uhm....." Dove thought for a minute. "I dare you to... do a backflip off the ladder!"

"Okay!" Crow said. He hopped onto the treehouse ladder, and pushed off into a backflip, landing perfectly safe on the ground. He stood proud."

"Woah! I didn't think you'd actually do it!" Melody said, flabbergasted.

Crow chuckled. He went to go climb back up the ladder to the treehouse, when he spotted something out of the corner of his eye. Something was peering at him from behind the fence.