Rayne

A Smile just for Them
A/N: he shall smile just for us 😫, Abyss story coming out soon. Then another Rayne 🤭
A request from Tumblr
——
"Do you ever notice that Rayne never smiled?", someone whispered to their friend, as they both watched Rayne Ames, a Divine Visionary, walk past the two. The friend nodded in agreement, they were both in Rayne's classes, yet never seen him smile at least once. "I agree, he seems to never try to build a bond with anyone at all... now that I noticed..", the friend had a pensive expression on their face. They tried to recollect the moments the dual haired male had ever smile. Yet no luck.

"Maybe we should try following him.. he is a mysterious person", the person suggested. The friend agreed, nodding determinedly to find at least something about their mysterious classmate.

"What kind of disguise are these??", the person whispered very loudly, judging their friend's idea of a disguise. They were both wearing just sunglasses, while still in school uniform. "They were the cheapest thing my other friends could hand over! I ain't made out of money", the friend retorted back in the same manner. They were about to attack each other but then realized that Rayne was about to leave their sight.

"Quick! The library!", the friend frantically whispered, pulling them along into those doors. It was already surprising enough that the dual colored hair male hadn't noticed them. They hid behind a bookshelf, looking in between the gaps of the book. Other students in that aisle looked at them weirdly. But they ignored them, and focused on the dual colored hair classmate, who appeared to be sitting in front of another student with (h/c). "I knew-!", the friend was shushed instantly, as the person had their hands against their mouth.

"Are you trying to get us caught?!", they whispered sternly, it was a bit loud but wasn't loud enough to disturb the (h/c) student and Rayne. "And besides we can't see his facial expressions like this!", the person looked back as they were whispering to their friend. "Oh yeah you're right..", the friend replied back quietly.

Another time then! They looked utterly determined to see a smile from their monotonous classmate.

You and Rayne were simply enjoying each other's company, as you both were holding a book in hand while having a conversation. You were very immersed in your book, talking about the smallest details and how you find it intriguing to say the least. Never really focusing on the dual color haired male's expression.

But something rested on his lips unconsciously. Something most people wouldn't see him do as much. Something most people would call rare coming from that boy.

A smile.