CHAPTER 3. Amelia

I woke up to my phone ringing, I didn't want to pick it up because I thought it was Lara . But when I looked at my phone .....his name was there, and my heart started beating so fast that I didn't understand why, since he is just my boss after all...
I quickly jumped up and picked it up, not a word came out of my mouth .
- Could we meet?? -It's three in the morning .. why does he want to meet? , what does he want from me? His voice sounds tired tho.... I have to meet him .
- Sure , just give me 5 minutes to get ready .
- Don't rush, I'm in front of your apartment , when you're ready, just come down.- is he in front of my apartment ? Shall I look out the window? Oh my ....he is here!! How did he know my address?
I quickly got ready and left to meet him . Why am I so nervous ? He must want to talk to me about something related to work, he has no other reason to come here at this time .
When I saw him I stopped and I just looked at him . He's so beautiful, the way he's standing there is so hot. His hands were crossed and when he noticed that I was standing there, he looked at me .... and there I felt my heart skip a beat.
- I woke you up, didn't I? - His voice was soft and this is the first time I've heard him speak like that .
- You did , what is the reason for this, sir ?- My voice was confident, because who is he to wake me up at this time?  I didn't mind at all that he did .
-Do I need a reason to wake you up? You are my assistant Amelia , so you  always have to be available for me .- The way he says my name, it's like he casts a spell on me .
I moved closer to him closing the distance between us .I could smell his cologene the mixture of bitter and sweet , smells so damn good .
-Still, I want to know . -he looked at me and sighed ,he came closer and looked deeply into my eyes .
-The reason I came Amelia....I have a meeting where I need a partner . This is a serious matter, so I came to tell you that you will come with me and we will pretend that we are together .- Excuse me ?He decided this without my opinion . And he has come at this time to let me know.Wonderful.
- Why me ? There are many female workers at the company ...- that's the only thing on my mind right now.
-Because I want it to be that way, Amelia ! We don't have to touch each other if that's what you're so afraid of ... ,  we just go there as a couple, don't overthink it .-I'm not afraid of it at all.
And I wouldn't mind if it happens ....
I don't think it will be a big problem later but it still confuses me . I looked at him and he looked at me and put his hand on my shoulder .
-I'm talking about important clients, I knew you would understand . -he touched my chin and looked at my lips ...Ohh boy!!!
I took a step back so his hand came off my face .I cannot fall for his flattery  .
-Is that all I need to know? - I asked coldly .
- Yes, that's all, see you in the morning . -I nodded and he got into his car and drove away .I went back to my room and couldn't sleep so I called Lara .
-So you're going to be his partner?-.Lara asked after I explained everything to her .
-It seems so ....-I wasn't sure about all of this .
- Wow this is crazy . Amelia.....I think he likes you ...
-That's impossible, don't be silly Lara . He doesn't like women, he's only interested in work.  -I'm telling the truth, I know that men like him only have one-night stands .
- Bitch!!! Then why would he look at you like that? Or why did he go to your apartment, how did he even know your address?-I can't answer these  questions, I'm too confused.
-I don't know Lara, you can't  expect  anything from man like him. But I want to sleep because I still have 2 hours until I see him again .-I sighed , even now I'm thinking of that moment when he looked at me with those beautiful cold eyes .
- Oh, you're counting the time to know when you'll see him next ?- she was laughing and I sighed and hung up the phone . At least she can have fun with it.