thє cσnѕtructíσn σf pσwєr

Y/N

My fingers twist in my lap as the Jeep comes to a stop in front of my house.
Sain taps his fingers on the steering wheel, looking down. He opens his mouth as if he’s about to say something when he turns to look at me. I gaze at his lips. His perfectly pink lips encasing that sparkling white smile.

Everything about his mouth is attractive. There are no scars, no riddles, no words of humiliation or hurt that leave them... No, none of that. His smile warms me, and his nervousness at this moment is endearing. We both grin and begin talking.
“I had—”

“Tonight was—”

We both pause, laughing lightly, but the tension I’m feeling is still in the pit of my stomach. It has nothing to do with Sain and everything to do with Taehyung .

We’re not alone. I’m never alone anymore.

“Thank you,” Sain says, his voice breaking through my thoughts. “For joining me tonight. That dance...” He chuckles softly, his tongue running along his teeth as he smiles while looking down at his lap. “That dance was the best part of the night for me.”

“Really?” I ask, somewhat surprised.

I wouldn’t consider that the best part of the night, but my night was far from normal. The realization of which part has stuck with me as my unfortunate favorite terrifies me.

“Yeah, I mean...” He leans forward in his seat, swallowing as his smile fades. He grabs my hand from my lap, laying it on the console between us.

With my palm facing up, the tips of his fingers trace my fingers until they meet my wrist. At my wrist, the other fingers fall away as only the middle finger softly trails up my arm, the soft sensation tickling me and running a direct line to the place between my legs. “Until this part.” He gives me a little side-eyed glance, and I can hear his heart pounding in the shell of this Jeep.

He knows he shouldn’t do this. His reputation. His father. His future. But, he can’t stop, and secretly, I love that. Sain is letting the root of who he is as a man take over the constructs of his mind. I’m owning that, honing in on it, and controlling it with the powers of sexuality inside me, and I’m finding it nothing short of thrilling.

“Do you want to come inside?” I ask, breaking the tension with the confidence of someone I’ve never known. “I can make us some tea.” I smile shyly at him, arching a brow. His lips part as he stares back at me.

The offer is on the table, one that speaks volumes, and he knows the answer should be no, but I’m pushing, testing my abilities because of the thrill of the danger it may cause me.
“Tea?” he asks softly.

“Yeah.” I bite my lower lip, peering directly at his mouth. “Tea.” I know I’m giving off flirtatious energy, but it feels good. It feels natural.

Empowering. It makes me feel something I’ve never felt before.

Raw power over a man.

I’m stirring the cauldron before me, knowing the jealousy my magic is producing somewhere in the darkness where he waits.

“Tea sounds amazing,” Sain whispers, still peering at my bottom lip as it springs free.

Once inside, I get the teapot out, filling it with water as he stands near me against the counter. I set it on the stove, waiting for the coil beneath it to heat. I feel him walk up behind me. My nerves light on fire as reality hits me. I brought him here under these pretenses, and now he’s here, behind me, craving this in his own desirable way.