CHAPTER 13 - THE UNDERCOVER

Trestan and Cally were waiting outside the operating room where Timotheus was being operated on. Cally was crying while Trestan was trying to calm her.

He was so scared because of his father's condition but stabilized himself for his sister's sake. This scenario has been happening before but he's still nervous.

Trestan was stunned for a bit when someone tapped his shoulder so he looked at it. It was Simeon Ferran who was full of bandages. Trestan recognized the man but chose to just ignore him 'coz he felt a little uncomfortable by Ferran's presence.

Ferran sat down next to Trestan, and just stared at the operating room's door. Waiting for some good news about Alfarez's situation.

"Daddy will be okay, light?" Cally asked while sobbing.

"Yes. He's strong. He'll survive. We'll just have to wait for him to recover, so..." he paused, then wiped her sister's tears. "... you need to stop crying 'coz daddy might hear you and he'll be sad."

Ferran couldn't help but smile at what he heard from Trestan.

'He is such a good brother.'

After three hours of operation, Alfarez was transferred to a private room. Ferran wanted to come but it would be weird if he did, so he chose to go home and rest. It's enough for him to know that Alfarez's body is still breathing and alive.

When Ferran lay down on the bed, he thought again and there were so many questions running through his mind.

"I don't remember that I was shot before in an operation and my situation became so bad." He said to himself.

'Oh well! I just remembered how reckless my actions were. It's supposed to be Ferran's operation not mine but because of that f*cking change... I almost sacrificed my old self.'

His whole body was tired and aching so he fell asleep as soon as he closed his eyes.

***

He wakes up in a dark place where there is nothing around.

"You already changed some things. You'll encounter unpredictable events---" the voice echoed somewhere.

"Who are you?"

"---so be ready. The future may depend on your decisions."

"What? Why me?"

"So be careful---"

"What is my purpose?"

"---about what you are going to take."

"What am I going to do?"

"Seek and ye shall find."

***

He seemed to fall from a high place and after he opened his eyes, he was in his room and lying down on his bed. It was dark outside and the lamp beside the bed is on because he forgot to turn it off earlier.

Ferran went to the kitchen and took a glass of cold water from the refrigerator and drank it straight.

"It's a mission. My mission indeed." He mumbled.

+++

Summer time...

It's been two weeks but there is no progress at all. The information is too vague about the virus so until now he has not taken any steps to find the culprit behind the incident that will happen in the future.

The night was chill and the dance floor was crowded with young people eighteen years old above.

Ferran looked at his watch before lifting a tray of different drinks. He served the drinks and unnoticeably looked at Sanchez who also served drinks to the guests. The two both nodded to each other before continuing their work.

They were undercover by pretending to be a waiter in a resort within San Lorenzo. They need to capture the one who's behind the so-called 'blue drugs' that will absolutely ruin a person's life.

He got accidentally involved in this case before for the reason that Alfarez's family went to that resort that time to have a little vacation.

All along, Ferran knew the culprit behind it. It's somewhat beneficial to know the truth ahead.

***

Timotheus was just passing by in a party within a resort where his family checked in. He noticed Ferran wearing a waiter uniform and his partner Sanchez.

'Hm... so they are currently holding a case here. I see.'

He pretended that he didn't notice the two and was about to leave when someone bumped into him. The guy in his early twenties dropped something. Timotheus saw a small pack of...

'Blue drugs!?'

"Hey! Look where you're going!" The guy shouted as if he was older than the man in front of him. He immediately hid the drugs in his paper bag.

He acted like nothing happened, so did Alfarez. He doesn't want to ruin Ferran's operation. It will only get worse when he intervenes on someone's case.

"Watch your words boy. I'm obviously older than you."

"So what? You're not that special to be respected. Tss."

'What a disrespectful boy. Say hi to jail later. Tsk.'

"Bro, they are waiting for their orders. Everyone is on fire tonight." A guy suddenly appears beside the disrespectful boy. He looked at Alfarez for the last time before leaving.

Alfarez shook his head before looking at Sanchez refilling his tray with different beverages. He approached him to give a tip.

"Sanchez." The police looked at him with confused eyes but immediately replaced it with a blank face. "I hate beating around the bush so let me get to the point."

"What?"

"The guy wearing a red and black button-down polo with a small rose tattoo under his left ear." He walked like nothing happened but stopped a few inches away. He didn't look back but said a few words.

"He's the one you're looking for. Good luck."

***

But... this is not yet the end because unfortunately, there's a murder happened right after they caught the culprit behind the blue drugs.

Ferran saw Timotheus approaching Sanchez, it's a cue. He served drinks to the young people and accidentally bumped into a famous celebrity, Ms. Bia D'Aboville.

'She's the target.'

"I'm sorry, ma'am." Ferran apologized politely.

"It's alright." She smiled. She looks a little bit tipsy walking to the pool area where nobody goes.

He didn't take his eyes off the celebrity until Sanchez went beside him.

"Hey, stop fantasizing with the celebrities here." Sanchez teased Ferran. "We're here for work not for fun."

"What the hell, man?" As expected, Ferran got easily annoyed by that simple teasing. It made Sanchez smirk.

"Kidding."

"Not funny."

"Anyways, I found out who's the dealer of the blue 'thing'." Sanchez whispered.

"The guy wearing a red and black button-down polo with a small rose tattoo under his left ear." Ferran said while putting the empty wine glasses on the stainless round tray.

"You knew." Sanchez shook his head, and smirked with disbelief. He was really impressed, how fast Ferran determined who is the culprit.

"Deal with him and call the backups to clean this mess." Ferran said and was about to leave his partner but Sanchez held his arm.

"Where are you going?" His eyebrows furrowed. "We need to wrap this up quickly."

"You can do it. I think... a murder will happen soon. Locked all possible way out in this area so no one can get out. Hurry."

"Wait... what? A murder? What are you---hey."