CHAPTER 51 - THE HARSH TRUTH

Danryll and Zyrille were on their way home to their house in San Lorenzo when vehicles almost bumped into their car.

"That's a road violation. Overspeeding." Danryll complained

"Just let them. Maybe---" Zyrille couldn't finish what she was about to say when they heard gunshots not far from them. "What was that? A gunshot?"

"It is." Danryll didn't hesitate to follow those cars who passed by earlier.

"What were you thinking, Danryll?"

"I think someone needed help. Those cars earlier were chasing a dark gray car."

"Maybe the person in that car is being chased by the police," Zyrille concluded but Danryll seemed to not believe that 'coz there's a big possibility that those cars chasing the dark gray car are the foes.

"It is not allowed to shoot unless it is necessary."

"And what if it is necessary?" Zyrille crossed her arms while arguing to her brother.

"Get my gun in the compartment in your front," Danryll ordered his sister and ignored her question.

"Danryll---"

"Zyrille."

"Fine." She said which is against her will then opened the compartment and took the two guns.

She readied the guns, handed one to Danryll, and she held the other one. Danryll looked at her with confusion but he just smirked and shook his head while following the cars in the diversion road.

Zyrille rolled down the window on her side and shot the car's wheel in front of them. Danryll immediately avoided the car that was losing control. They also become the foes' target because of their interference, but they don't care.

"Sh*t. They hit my new car! Motherf*ckers!" Danryll cursed but Zyrille just laughed at him while exchanging bullets with the armed men inside the cars they were chasing.

+++

There are two cars left who've been chasing them. Simeon felt dizzy and he involuntarily let go of the gun he was holding and just leaned on his seat.

"I'm... sorry, Blair." He held his bleeding side. "I c-can't hold it any longer..."

"Uncle! No!"

After a while, the gunfire stopped. They almost fell off the bridge if only Blair hadn't reached the car's brake. She sighed in relief when she was sure that they were safe, then sat properly.

"Uncle! Uncle! Wake up! Uncle! Please! Don't die!" She tapped her uncle's face but he didn't respond. She pressed the side of his neck and he still has a pulse.

"Uncle! Please---" Someone opened the door on the driver's side. Blair's face seemed shocked when the gun was pointed in their direction.

"Zyrille! It's the police and a young lady." Danryll shouted and Zyrille immediately neared them and covered her mouth in shock.

"Please... help my uncle..." Blair said and she seemed to have difficulty breathing then later on, she fainted.

+++

Blair gained consciousness after an hour and the first person she looked for was her uncle Simeon.

"I need to see my uncle! Where is he?"

"He's still in the operating room." The lady told Blair to calm her.

"Is he okay? He can still live, right? Right?" She asked the lady and waited for her positive response. She started crying so the lady sat on the side of her bed and wiped the tears on Blair's cheeks.