『❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀』

 It was a day when the air seemed to dance with an invisible partner, swirling and twirling through the narrow streets and open fields. The wind, a mischievous artist, painted the scene with its brush of brisk breezes. Trees became graceful dancers, their leaves performing a delicate ballet in response to the wind's whims. The rustling sound, akin to the soft murmur of a secret, filled the air, creating a symphony of nature's composition.

As Cynthia Nelson walked down the cobblestone paths, she could feel the caress of the wind on her face. It was a gentle touch, yet carried with it the stories of distant places it had traversed. The wind whispered tales of faraway lands, sharing the echoes of its journey with anyone who cared to listen.

A few days had passed since Albus Dumbledore had shown up at Cynthia's door, insisting that she must attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the remaining years of her education. It was a tough choice for the teenager, but after some convincing, she hesitantly agreed. Now, she stood in front of her current apartment, bidding farewell to her most recent pair of parents, as she climbed into the taxi that would lead her to the John F. Kennedy International Airport.

The 7-hour flight was a bore, but it came and went as she emerged from the terminal. In baggage claim, she saw an unusually tall man with a beard she swore was the size of her head waiting with a sign that had her name stamped across it in very messy handwriting. Cynthia carefully made her way over to the man who had a bright grin on his face.

"Hello there! You mus' be the American girl, Cynthia. Bin waitin' fer ya ter come 'cross here," The large man said. His tangled beard moved as he spoke.

"Yeah, I prefer to go by Aurora–not to be rude or anything but, who are you?" Aurora was a bit concerned as the man approached her.

"Dumbledore never mentioned me? Well then, I bet an introduction is in order. Rubeus Hagrid. But ya can call me Hagrid. Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts." Hagrid stuck out his colossal hand for her to shake. Aurora shook it carefully, still a bit skeptical. Once she saw the sincerity in his eyes, her shoulders relaxed a bit. She was going to have to get used to things in London.

『❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀』

As they made their way through London, Hagrid bombarded Aurora with questions while she just wanted to get her school supplies. After a long walk, they finally arrived at The Leaky Cauldron, a wizard pub with an inn on top of the shabby building that led to a magical shopping center called Diagon Alley. Hagrid gave her a list of supplies and helped her understand how to exchange her currency before leaving to continue his duties.

Aurora was completely lost and didn't know where to start, so she began by shopping down the alley and asking for help periodically. Fortunately, it was the same week as the famous Quidditch World Cup, so the shops were almost empty due to many witches and wizards staying at the site to see the sports championship. Aurora was a big fan of the sport and would often visit the Ilvermorny stadium to cheer on her house team. Although she never had the desire to play the sport herself, she loved watching it. When she watched a match, she was like a middle-aged man watching an American Football game. She appreciated the sport and enjoyed it, but her school's teams were never very good, always dropping the quaffle, missing the goalposts, and taking hours to catch the Golden Snitch. Many students told her that the teams at Hogwarts were much better, so she was excited to watch a good match for once.

As each day passed, Aurora met many new shop owners along Diagon Alley. Every new person she encountered was fascinated by the fact that she was American, just as she was intrigued by their accent. She even ventured into the No-Maj world, or as the Europeans called them, Muggles. She got to explore many iconic buildings she had dreamt of visiting as a child and used her tourism as a way to pass the time while waiting patiently for September 1st to arrive. It seemed like the day would never come until it finally did.

『❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀』

a/n

Another short chapter but it was more of a filler and I honestly am just excited to get into the year so the next chapter will be jumping straight into it. It's quite hard coming up with these fillers while trying not to ruin the plot but also give information so it's not too dull, which unfortunately this chapter is a little dull but it's whatever. So I hope you enjoyed this and I'm so excited to get going with this cause I'm having a bit of writer's block so yeah.

I also decided that Cynthia would go by her middle name cause why not? 

©lxvelyllama 2024