『❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀✧❀』

Aurora, a fourteen-year-old, was stirred from her sleep by the sound of rain splattering on the window. The impending first day of school had filled her with anxiety. Aurora met with Hagrid the day before and he'd given her all the things she required for getting to Kings Cross Station and instructions to get onto the Hogwarts Express, a train that would take her to the boarding school.

After quickly eating breakfast in the Leaky Cauldron, Aurora stepped out onto the busy streets of London. She flagged down a black taxi that could take her to the train station. The ride over was quiet and short giving Aurora some time to reflect on ways to present herself to her new classmates. The car rolled to a stop and Aurora quickly climbed out as she thanked the driver and paid what was due, plus a tip. She hauled her luggage into the station when she quickly realized she had no clue where she was supposed to go. Thirty minutes had passed when Aurora was able to find the platform labeled 9, but there was no sight of platform 9 3/4.

Continuing to walk down the platform, the sight of three teenagers her age falling through a wall caught her attention. She began to approach the lady with the group who she assumed to be the mother, holding a little girl with red hair, much like hers. Aurora stood in shock as she watched another pair of redheads run straight through the wall, but never come out the other side. Once the family went through, Aurora took a step forward towards the solid brick wall until her hand was flesh against it. Only it went straight through. Looking around, making sure no Muggles were snooping, Aurora stepped into the wall with her eyes screwed shut. If she were to hit the barricade, she'd rather not see the bricks getting closer to her precious face. But it never came. She opened her eyes and looked around at the sight. A large, red steam engine was to her left and it was magnificent. The sunlight was peering through the window and hitting the train in a perfect way that made the paint shine.

Aurora managed to climb aboard the train just in time. As she walked down the aisle of the train, Aurora realized that every room was already full. She then decided to check if there were any available seats. So, she opened a door halfway down the car and asked nervously, "Um, excuse me? Is there an extra seat? Everywhere else is full. I'm so sorry to ask."
Aurora felt guilty for interrupting the students who were in the middle of a conversation about the wizarding schools. However, one of the passengers, a girl with bushy brown hair, offered Aurora a seat next to her. She introduced herself as Hermione Granger and introduced her friends Ron Weasley and Harry Potter who were also in the compartment.

Aurora was shy at first but quickly introduced herself, "Oh! My name is Cynthia, Cynthia Nelson. Most people call me by my middle name though, Aurora. It's what I prefer actually, Cynthia feels too formal or like I'm in trouble," She said with a smile.