Dinomon

We find our protagonist all the way on a hidden island that nobody in this world has found yet called the Savage Lands, a land where dinosaurs still exist and it's almost as dangerous as Australia, currently Jojo is using a diamond pickaxe to mine some ore in a cave while Mantis helps carry some ore back to where they set up camp. 

Steve is meanwhile tinkering with some stuff on a workbench as Mantis walks over to him 

Mantis: "So what do we need this all for again?" 

Steve turns to her with a wide grin and holds up a device he finished putting together 

Steve: "I went for an older design cause I thought it fit the savage lands better but this my friend is what we Veteran Gamers call a Pokeball!"

Jojo walks over after hearing them 

Jojo: "Pokeball? so you wanna go catch some Dinosaurs or whatever other creatures can be found here then?" 

Steve: "Read my mind, now would you like to do the Honor's?"

Jojo: "I'm down"

Steve tosses Jojo the Pokeball and Jojo then uses his Tool Gun to copy and save the Pokeball and begins spawning in a loooooot of replicas for them to use. 

*Time skip* 

The gang are now stalking some Dinosaurs as they hide behind a bush 

Steve: "Alright, Mantis you're are new to this stuff so I'm gonna give you the quick tutorial, so tell me...are you a boy or girl?"

She looks at Steve confused 

Mantis: "I am a female, I thought you knew this?"

Jojo: "it's an inside Joke don't take it seriously" 

Mantis: "Ahh, I am learning a lot of jokes around you two"

Steve: "Hehehe, Ok for real though, how this works is you gotta weaken a Poke-I mean Dinosaur first and then once their weak you throw the Pokeball at them to capture them so you can add them to your team."

Mantis: "And then what happens? what do we do with them?"

Jojo: "And then we can use them to battle other dinosaurs and prove that we're the very best like no one ever was!" 

Mantis: "...so we make them slaves?" 

Jojo: "Well it's-"

Steve: "Yes! now shush and watch an old pro at work"

The other two watch Steve as he proceeds to run out of the bush and clock a Triceratops in it's face knocking it out, he then Tosses the Pokeball at the dino as it shakes 3 times before clicking.