Day 6 - 'You lied to me'

CW: Injuries, shouting

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Nyxie is honestly starting to get tired of her friends turning up at her door gravely injured.

She glares at Emery, who is currently standing outside her front door with about three arrows stuck into her arm.

"So," Nyxie starts, "What is the one thing I told you not to do?"

Emery scratches the back of her neck with her uninjured arm. "Uhm," she says, "Not to go out into the middle of the forest without telling you or Calio or someone."

"And what did you do?"

"I went out into the middle of the forest without telling you or Calio or someone."

Nyxie huffs, dragging Emery into the house. "C'mon, dumbass," she says, "I do actually have enough potions this time."

Emery lets herself be dragged inside, almost immediately flopping onto the cot when she enters the newly-refurbished clinic. "Uhm, sorry 'bout that," she says sheepishly.

Nyxie fixes Emery with another glance as she picks a couple regen out of the cupboard. "Sorry? Sorry?! Em, you motherfucker, you lied to me. You said you wouldn't go out with no warning again, but here you are."

Emery freezes. She knows that what she did was wrong, but was it really enough to make Nyxie suddenly start on that I'm-not-angry-I'm-just-disappointed rant? Directed at her?

Nyxie inhales sharply, then exhales more slowly. She starts to pour the regen over the wounds on Emery's arm. "I'm sorry," Nyxie says, "That was really out of left field for me. I just—" she clicks her tongue anxiously— "We were worried about you, okay? And then your dumbass just shows up at my house, a week later, as if we haven't been worrying about you for a week."

Emery stiffens at the burn of the regen on her skin, but says nothing about it. Instead, she says, "So, uhm, I suppose I should go text Calio about this... situation once you're done."

"Yeah. You should."

Emery grabs her comm out of her pocket with her good arm, internally thanking whatever deities are out there that they somehow never get lost. She keys in her password, before opening her messages and finding her way to her friend's contact.

Em <3 to Calio <3

Em: guess who's not dead :O

Emery turns off her comm and slips it back in her pocket. She turns back to Nyxie, who is just finishing up on bandaging her wounds. She opens her mouth, about to speak, but Nyxie beats her to it. "You done texting your girlfriend?" she says, her one eye gleaming in mischief.

Emery huffs. "For the last freaking time. It isn't my girlfriend."

"Oh yeah? Cal's so much more clingy than normal when it's around you."

"It's always clingy!"

"See what I mean?"