Vampires

(This Story is under copyright protection! This story is an original written by me Hidden Kat. And has been published here on Wattpad and on Tapas!)

The first instinct of prey is always to run. Sometimes, it saves us; other times, it seals our fate. Heck, even I am running from something, well, two of somethings. One is from a family members, and the other is a pack of predators.

While the more reasonable option would be to face that said family member, I honestly would run and meet the predators. Now, while I'm hopelessly weak in every aspect of fighting them off, I still know a couple of tricks.
I still know ways to survive and ways to win against them. But this is all thanks to a weird old friend who hides secrets and is different. I love him for all of that, but sometimes I realize how different our realities are.

Nathaniel Wrynn is his name. I miss him, but, goodness, his name causes trouble for me. Mention it once, and I can promise you trouble is on its way. My name, on the other hand, is Abigail Foxwoods. It's straightforward and is guaranteed never to cause trouble mentioning it. I mean, this is how my ass got stuck on here running in foreign woods, getting chased.

But names aren't necessary at the moment. Dodging fangs and claws are. Being prey sucks, especially when the predator is intelligent. Running away becomes a game to that predator, and the only way to survive that game is knowing how to play it.

Luckily, through a couple of years of hard work, I got just that, all thanks to Nathan. I still remember meeting that lucky bastard, but now's not the time for such a grand tell.

I mean, dodging and talking is hard to do when you're also focusing on not hitting trees. But I decided to toss myself into a rabbit hole full of monsters. Why, you ask, simply because I miss my friend.

I am heading to the very place I was told was no-no. The grand school of day and night students. The School academy is known as " Regun Academia." It is fancy, well-known, trusted by all the big top dogs, and is a big crypt full of secrets.

It's located near a little town in Poland called Olsztyn. They are hidden in the forest and part of Olsztyn's lush hills. Here's the hilarious thing about that academy: all the students there are native English speakers. So, while it's in Poland, it isn't a school made for Polish natives.

As weird and rude as it may sound, it is greatly loved by many, even the townspeople. The one thing the all-day students and villagers have in common is their adoration for the night students. Wolves among sheep is how I would put it. The night students look like gods and goddesses, mysterious and attractive to all.

Heck, even to me, they are. But all good predators have the perfect disguise, and therefore, the night students' looks and aura please all. Now, I'm sure you've guessed what's chasing me and who the night students are. They are vampires.

Don't worry too much; humans have a group of secret protectors. Our protectors are other humans known as vampire hunters, who are good at their job and have the right weapons to kill a vampire. I know this from Nathan.

Silver is the primary choice against any monster—silver swords, bullets, etc. Hunters have slowly developed techniques and tactics for hunting vampires. Of course, this is mainly due to the 'Three Hundred War' that happened.

Thankfully, a hundred years of peace have stayed intact. Sadly, this happened because the purebloods were dying off, and both sides realized they were the main key to peace. And soon, a treaty was made.

Of course, all good politics have some shit mind games playing during times of peace, like anti-peace or killing the leader. As in off the purebloods and try to control them like puppets. Of course, that isn't a good idea since the last remaining purebloods are all psychotics. In a... somewhat good way... Hopefully.

"OH, DAMN, A ROOT!"